Nepean river

oapns

Hi guys the kids are back at school and I'm bored so I thought I might have a go at fishing the Nepean around penrith. I've never fished here so I would like any info on where to go and what lures to use, I will be on foot. Any tips would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Hi guys the kids are back at school and I'm bored so I thought I might have a go at fishing the Nepean around penrith. I've never fished here so I would like any info on where to go and what lures to use, I will be on foot. Any tips would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

I might be heading down there one day early next week if you are interested in tagging along?

mate please add me to the invite list. i have been out the last 3 nights on foot along the nepean trying to catch a darn bass with no luck. last night i went into snake infested bush to hav a cast in a good looking creek in the middle of the night but still nothing : (

I am happy to take you all down the river and show you some spots that have produced for me over the years but I will just need to work out when I will be available.

hi guys i live 5 mins from nepean lived there all my life there are plenty of spots around depending if you are going land based or boat i have caught trout bass and big mullet down there both from land and boat also carp if you want to catch them but dont go there very often anymore to many skiers in summer fishes best after some heavy rain i would be more than happy to show you guys around just let me know cheers

• 3 weeks later...

Gents,

Did you manage to get a crew and day together?

My mate and I are also keen to be shown the ropes. I have a small tinny with a 6hp engine. i am very keen to find some good spots. I would be putting the boat in at the boat ramp opposite the Coffee Club

Hey mate,

Nah we didn't, not as yet.

Pred went to canada...

Get this, even though fresh Atlantic salmon are running this time of year, he ISNT fishing cos it's too cold!

I'd be out there fighting the bears John west style!

Back Again,

Decided to head down this afternoon after work to do some exploring for myself. Took the tinny out and had a great time.

The big guy and i caught 14 Bass (no huge ones but great fun).

I am new to fishing and this forum and i am finding that a lot of people are quite protective of their methods and locations which is a little frustrating as i am sure there is enough fish out there for us all to enjoy, needless to say we put every fish back for someone else to catch tomorrow.

I am happy to share my method and locations.

1. We put the boat in at the Penrith Boat ramp

2. We headed down the river and stopped in front of the log cabin

3. On the Western side of the river we flicked lures (the big guy used a spinner and I used a Sebile Crankster (see attached image) which i purchased on the advice from a helpful guy at Tackle world St.Marys

4. We continued this all the way back to the boat ramp stopping along the way at locations that looked good (faller trees, over hanging branches etc)

It was an awesome arvo and i will be back for more.

post-18003-013661000 1299060213_thumb.jpg