STILL NO KINGFISH

turningbay

Today went to one of the wharf at port hacking bay. Got there early in the morning before sunrise to catch some yellowtails. Nothing touched the livebait all day. Around 1pm the water started to boil and i threw my fav pencil. BANG! something hooked it! i was really excited because i thought it was a kingfish. The fish just kept on taking line after line. And later i gained some line back. At all times, i thought i was going to lose the fish and my favour pencil lure again(I have lost the same $25 lure to a king before), because the fish just runs like crazy! I do not know how long it took, but in the end i saw the body and knew it was a bonito. I had mix feelings because it was a damn big bonito, but i was hoping for a king. It took a lot of tries before the bonnie went into the net.

I guess I aint lucky today! will try again next time! I want my first legal king!

post-16387-007541400 1297318715_thumb.jpg

Today went to one of the wharf at port hacking bay. Got there early in the morning before sunrise to catch some yellowtails. Nothing touched the livebait all day. Around 1pm the water started to boil and i threw my fav pencil. BANG! something hooked it! i was really excited because i thought it was a kingfish. The fish just kept on taking line after line. And later i gained some line back. At all times, i thought i was going to lose the fish and my favour pencil lure again(I have lost the same $25 lure to a king before), because the fish just runs like crazy! I do not know how long it took, but in the end i saw the body and knew it was a bonito. I had mix feelings because it was a damn big bonito, but i was hoping for a king. It took a lot of tries before the bonnie went into the net.

I guess I aint lucky today! will try again next time! I want my first legal king!

I know how you feel. Same happened to me last Sunday in the Harbour. 50cm bonito fought like a king, so during the fight I had no doubt at all that it was a king!

I took it home and had nice sashimi though :biggrin2:

Sounds like your pencil lure work very well. Can I ask which pencil lure u use if u don't mind?

Cheers Phil

I know how you feel. Same happened to me last Sunday in the Harbour. 50cm bonito fought like a king, so during the fight I had no doubt at all that it was a king!

I took it home and had nice sashimi though :biggrin2:

I hope we both catch that legal king that we wanted n sashimi with it!