Kingfish Madness

jerryadams

about 10km directly east from the northern botany head,,,,,, then north about .8-1km,,, (33°58'45.60"S.... 151°21'39.00"E........google map)

Hi idolz,

can u tell me how to convert the lat/long to decimal? Dunno know how to input it into my Navionics iphone.

Cheers, phil

Left BAFA Sunday morning headed out to our squid spot, within 1 Hr we had 25 on board, most were good size Squid. With the bait tank full headed off to the Peak, weather PERFECT, tried the FAD nothing, continued on, trolled skirts, nothing,seen a few stripys free jumping. Arrived at the Peak and checked the bottom with sounder.Picked up some Arches,went back up current, did a double drop,hit bottom pulled up a bit, minuite later, thump we were on, both rods,20 minutes later I managed to land a 15 Kg Hoodlum, measuring 115cms and the old man after 40min finaly manages to land an 18.5 Kilo monster. (I should have had a Heart starter on board for him but he settled for a beer instead) he could not fish for the rest of the day. We both ended up with 12 fish ranging between 70-115cm in total, 4 were kept post-10446-089563400 1298271608_thumb.jpgand we both now have our PBs for Kingies to date.

Apart from 1 attempt to try to find the joint pre GPS days i have never fished there, but those fish Jerry are what gives The Peak its reputation and also attracts people to take the adventure out there. As far as Kingies go i have always heard its a winter spot for the Big MOFO's so to catch them size during summer only makes me wonder how big the winter kings can get, anyhow thanks for posting and congrates on some xlant fish. :thumbup:

Thanx Bentstick. This is what im after. 2 digits for minute and 3 digits for seconds for Navionics. By the way, can u tell me the formula for conversion?

Cheers

Phil

Hi Phil I don't know what the conversion is. Got the co ords off my GPS which are all in WGS 84