Mid Week Botany Bay PB

JET01

On the last weekend of Feb I held a small Flatty Bash with a few mates up at Lake Macquarie.

It was an extremely quiet weekend with only a few Flatties caught, the longest going 66cm.

Boys had a good laugh seeing as I organised the whole thing and didn't even catch a legal fish the whole comp.

So with my tail between my legs I went home a little disappointed.

After work on Wednesday I put the tinny in the Hacking and once again came up with nothing but a puffer fish.

The disappointment from the Lake Macquarie failure still hadn't left my body.

So yesterday, I decided to put the tinny into Botany Bay after work to try and regain my man hood.

Had a flick around the moorings at Towra where I'd picked a previous PB. Nothing but a few small tailor pestering my lures.

Moved over to Towra Point to see if I could pick up a flouder for Mik01 :wife: as it's been since i've provided one.

Still nothing.... Been fishing for a while and decided that i was going to head up near the oyster racks and go on the drift....

Picked up 3 flatties which went into the live tank as i still had a few hours fishing. FINALLY SOME FISH, I THOUGHT SUMMER WAS SUPPOSED TO BE EASY.

It was just after 7pm when I got a phone call from the :wife: at the boat ramp wanting to join me.... "No worries Honey I'll be there in a tick"

I've gone for the "just one more cast" and then ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ you know it, i'm on...

Picked it for a flatty, and wasn't disappointed. After the longest fight I've had with a flatty, I nervously netted it ( the part I hate when fishing solo with a short handled net ).

PB Flatty of 71cm. Stoked. Took a few pics, but the bloody thing wouldn't sit still for long. Took a quick video for a few youtube followers, which Fishraider mods will be happy to know the language is of an acceptable standard this time :074:

post-12306-020259500 1299198045_thumb.jpg

Caught on:

Shimano T-curve Flight 702 1-4Kg

Shimano Stradic Ci4 2500

3lb Fireline Crystal

6lb Rovex Flourocarbon Leader

1/8th Jib Head

2 inch Gulp Bay Prawn.

All that equals some of the best fun you can have with your pants on.

I was pretty excited... It's always nice to break a PB. I even remembered the Fish of the month item!

She was released after a lot to stuffing around trying to get the brag mat out. So were the other flatties as by the time we got the boat all cleaned up, it was too late for us to cook.

Great way to break a bit of a drought. Nice to have a good entry for fish of the month.

• 2 weeks later...