Where's the limit?

GregL

Man lure fishings getting outa control.....

Bought a packet of smokes the other day from the servo, $18 WTF???

Might have to give it up soon.....

Was on a Australian tackle shop site today to stock up a little on some bream lures as I haven't bought any of that stuff since moving out of the Skeeters into a centre console. Thought Hmmm might grab some megabass stuff, didn't I get a shock when I saw the prices of some of the models! XS limberlamber $165 each and the IT Jack Jr $195 :1yikes:

I thought marlin lures were nuts at $120 rigged.

So has anyone bought one of these and swum it?

What's the most expensive lure you own that you would/do tie on?

Greg

I think the most i've spent on a lure is about $50 Greg, I find the cheap ones work just as well as these ridiculously expensive ones.

Makes me wonder that all you really pay for is the product name and reputation. Some of the cheap lures i've bought are nearly identical to the expensive ones and do the same job.

My most expensive is an Evergreen ES Flat 145mm jointed LCB, paid $40 reduced from $75. It's got an incredible life like wide "S" swim which should be deadly on Cod and Jews at night.

I'd shed a tear if I lost it.

http://www.tackletour.com/reviewicast06lures.html

imagine tying the double for this?

is a limberlander a lure for bream/bass? for light leaders near structure?

$16 blades on 4pound leaders make me nervous, i wont use them near man made terrain in the harbour.

$100 (unrigged) marlin lures are sweet though.

Edited by stevefish

I suppose if you a large mouth bass fisherman a lure designed to "hunt" like a XS limberlamber is worth every cent.

I don't mind fishing antique lures worth seventy dollars or so, they were brought to fish with and that's what I use them for.

http://www.tackletou...ast06lures.html

$16 blades on 4pound leaders make me nervous, i wont use them near man made terrain in the harbour.

Ah now that is serious bling

http://www.tackletour.com/reviewicast06lures.html

Yeah the limberlander is a bass lure.

Mate, fish them blades around marinas and mooring blocks and see how many more bream you will catch!

NOw sitting back and thinking about it, the last GT trip I went through 18 GT lures, just the rigging was $22 each plus the hand crafted/painted lure made by a little Jap bloke....

Might have to give the smokes up to keep this fishing addiction going!

Greg my limit is about $13 on Atomic crank's. Call me tight, but $13 lures work just as well as $26 lures and you get twice as many for your money... LOL Truthfully I rarely spend more than that, but I buy a lot at that price.

Yak time soon?

Greg

mines $5-60 jigs

dropping them down knowing theres a patch of kings sitting below that big school of jackets

and just hoping the jig makes it down to the kings

sadly doesnt always work out worst to date is about 10 lost jigs in a session :ranting2:

geez the most i have paid is $24 dollars and when i lost that a little part of me died :1prop: i couldnt imagine the feeling of loosing a $100+ lure thats crazy :1yikes:

Yep I was there and he was almost crying.....I have not seen Bassboy so upset since he spent almost 2 weeks lure fishing for Barra only to catch a catty after I had just caught a 109cm Barra :biggrin2: