hawkesbury

nickm469

hey raiders heading out to the hawkesbury this sat by boat, been there 4 times now including a 4 day straight session. yet to catch anything decent apart from huge shovel nose sharks, baby snapper or catfish. fishing around spencer area with all types of fresh baits, fresh squid, pillies, hawkesbury prawns, yellow tail and bread. any advice would be much much appreciated. thanks in advance

Hi Nick,

My wife Michelle used to work with you at IGA :) She says hi.

Mate, the Hawkesbury is full of Jews, you just need to know where and when. It is true that they will turn up in most spots at one time or another, but there are spots that do hold fish on a regular basis. Expect many Pike Eels, Rays, Shovelnoses, Baby Hammerhead to be caught if you're soaking big slab baits, but you've gotta be in it to win it, I guess. You could try 6 inch Gulp grubs or 7 inch Gulp Jerk Shads, that will eliminate the pesty species being caught, although I did catch an Eel on a Powerbait Grub the other week.

Bring on Winter on the Hawkesbury, my favourite time of the year for Jews.

Mick

gday mate, I use to fish spencer quite a bit years ago - a sneaky little spot is to drop anchor just outside the red pole on the right hand side of the public wharf on the run in tide. Burley with some wheat and use peeled hawkesbury prawns and some big bream can be caught there at times. night time is best but they are there in the day time usually as well. Put a big bait out for a jew also because I have seen quite a few caught from the wharf itself including one that a mate caught one night 17lb!

good luck

pete.

gday mate, I use to fish spencer quite a bit years ago - a sneaky little spot is to drop anchor just outside the red pole on the right hand side of the public wharf on the run in tide. Burley with some wheat and use peeled hawkesbury prawns and some big bream can be caught there at times. night time is best but they are there in the day time usually as well. Put a big bait out for a jew also because I have seen quite a few caught from the wharf itself including one that a mate caught one night 17lb!

good luck

pete.