New to fish raider and new to offshore fishing

healy39

hi all been a long time reader of fishraider and finally decided to sign up

just starting to get into offshore fishing as i bought a 5.1m brooker sea-al on new years day and am very happy with my purchase

first upgrade for the boat was to throw away the ancient hummingbird sounder which looked like i was playing space invaders with the fish and replace it with a lowrance hds 5 sounder/gps combo and boy what a difference it is.

fish trip offshore consisted of a trip out to the famous banks and caught absolutely nothing.

next trip out to the banks decided to grab some livies and try and hook my first kingy

well turned out to be a successful trip with my brother inlaw catching 2 big moeys and i landed a 75cm kingfish and droped another not bad for first attempt at a kingie i thought

cheers brent

hi all been a long time reader of fishraider and finally decided to sign up

just starting to get into offshore fishing as i bought a 5.1m brooker sea-al on new years day and am very happy with my purchase

first upgrade for the boat was to throw away the ancient hummingbird sounder which looked like i was playing space invaders with the fish and replace it with a lowrance hds 5 sounder/gps combo and boy what a difference it is.

fish trip offshore consisted of a trip out to the famous banks and caught absolutely nothing.

next trip out to the banks decided to grab some livies and try and hook my first kingy

well turned out to be a successful trip with my brother inlaw catching 2 big moeys and i landed a 75cm kingfish and droped another not bad for first attempt at a kingie i thought

cheers brent

Good to hear you're landing a few,keep some skirted lures out while cruising about at the banks as there is plenty on offer at the moment.