bass point

paul1616

Alot of bonnies running through there. You can try pillies on a float or unweighted or what i see alot of people do is spin with white squid skirts of a float. The gates open and close at a certain time so just remember to leave before the gates close which i think is around 7:30-8:30 ( correct me if im wrong).

This is where I normally fish. Park your car at first car park then walk down the grass, bit to the left. You will see lot of people there. Look for a spot and spin. Most likely you will get bonito and kingy. Check this Google map out. http://maps.google.com.au/maps?q=bass+point&ie=UTF8&hl=en&hq=bass+point&hnear=Bass+Point,+Bass+Point+Tourist+Rd,+Shell+Cove+New+South+Wales+2529&ll=-34.593153,150.897949&spn=0.001744,0.00254&t=h&z=19&iwloc=A

Last time I went was around X-mas period. Caught heaps of bonitos and occasionally rat kings in within 1 - 2 hours. Most of the time bonnies lol. Just be careful when you are standing on the rocks. It is a bit slippery and watch out for waves.

I caught all on metal and squid skirt. You can try pillies there but most likely, someone will cross your line when your float moves around.

I'm sure some of raiders that been there recently will give you more info :) Oh btw, gate opens at 6:30am I think !!!

Gate open at 6am.

Not sure what time it closes..

I was there last Sat morning...threw everything at it...from metal slice to squid skirts.

Live Garfish, to fresh squids caught from the night before.

Only caught one Taylor on popper.

There were few miss hooks...but overall abit quiet compare to last year.

Maybe the tsunami had something to do with it. :)

Guest Aussie007

i have fished there i preferred to fish from the rocks/jetty not off the actual jetty but under it be careful the swell there can get scary and dangerous we walked down the right hand side one night ventured to far before we knew how huge the swell was on a high tide we all managed to get under the jetty and over to the left side for safety the swell was smashing up over the rocks and under the jetty

hi. bass pt is not producing alot of keepers lately. only managed 1 bream the last time we went there. you better off trying hill60 (port kembla). we caught some bonito and salmon a couple weeks ago using squid skirts. bass pt was producing plenty this time last year but since the beginning of feb this year it seems to have quiet down. if you decide to go to bass pt please let us know if you catch anything. thanks and regards. the gate opens around 6am and closes around 7pm. goodluck.

Hill 60 is where the action is just get there before the sun gets up and watch the swell not much good down there if its blowing a stiff south easterly.

I have been fishing Hill 60 the past few weeks and it has always been packed. No matter what time you get there someone is always willing to fish shoulder to shoulder with you. It does get pretty annoying especially if you are using a float. I even found spinning hard coz the other fishos don't reel in their lines when it crosses to your side.

I must admit though that Hill 60 has been very productive. I fished last Sunday and came home with a few Bonitos and Salmon. The biggest salmon measured 70cm and the biggest Bonito 60cm. No Kings though. So if you don't mind rubbing shoulders with other fishos then that's the place to go.