mona vale pool

luderick59

perfect weather and tides for fishing the gutters this morning

arrived at 6.30 the rock platform was covered in white water [lucky i got my cabbage and weed yesterday at low tide]

first gutter caught 2 tide and waves were rising fast leaving no exposed rocks to land the fish so i had to lay them up the side of the pool to grab them playing these fish is easy in water over 1 foot deep but in 6inches of water they go like little rockets any way lost about 6good fish and came away with 4 packed it in at 8,30 as it was getting

to rough had fun in the rain and rough seas but thats what blackies love

weed was better than cabbage this morning i think the cabbage was washing to fast in the white water compared to the weed

peter

ttachment=62871:IMG_0418.jpg]

post-4997-025968200 1300574286_thumb.jpg

perfect weather and tides for fishing the gutters this morning

arrived at 6.30 the rock platform was covered in white water [lucky i got my cabbage and weed yesterday at low tide]

first gutter caught 2 tide and waves were rising fast leaving no exposed rocks to land the fish so i had to lay them up the side of the pool to grab them playing these fish is easy in water over 1 foot deep but in 6inches of water they go like little rockets any way lost about 6good fish and came away with 4 packed it in at 8,30 as it was getting

to rough had fun in the rain and rough seas but thats what blackies love

weed was better than cabbage this morning i think the cabbage was washing to fast in the white water compared to the weed

peter

ttachment=62871:IMG_0418.jpg]

I got there 10:00am this morning only to find the sea is too rough. strong wind and rain made it less an ideal fishing condition. persisted to make four casts (two casts each in two of the gutters I picked) but didn't have any results. Packed up when saw another pacth of rain coming. On the way back at 11:00 am. This three-hour fishing trip (2 hours on the road and 1 hour battling the wind and rain on a rough beach)is not the ones you will brag about but it did its job in satisfying my fishing addition. Hope condition improves next weekend.

Charles

Good one Peter. I was out fishing last Monday, when that big southerly hit. Float was at 90 degrees to the water, due to the wind strength. The water was like a washing machine and the bait would have been washing around on the surface most times. Drummer went nuts. Got three in 10 minutes and got busted off by bigger ones. Blackies were laying low :)

HI Peter,

Some fish there mate. I think you may have just brought on that itch.

I have not fished for luderick for over 6 months due to my commitments on the bream comp circuit but I am really looking forward to getting into it again if I can remember how to catch em.

regards

Luke

Great catch of fish, Peter!! I was thinking you may hit the pool with the nice high tides!!

Seems a lot of Narrabeen is flooding, so hope the lake DOES open up to let it out!!! Also massive flooding on the south coast! :(

Hope all is well with you both

Cheers

Roberta

Just won the kayak blackie section of the Forster Fishing Carnival - get your hols lined up next year for mid march (or when dates are announced for next year's carnival!!!)

Hang on to that cane he made lovely rods did Bill Southam, I have a Sportex 3904 1 piece made by Southams, great institution. Look forward to the lake opening and clearing i'll be up ther e as soon as it does!

The lake was opened yesterday and is gushing out. I bet Mr Jewie is also sitting off the entrance with all that food washing out.

Once it settles down with a few flushes, the lake should be firing again.