Question about Brooker 126 trailer

wonniefisho

Hi all,

I've got myself a very old Brooker 126 trailer. There are no markings on the 12" wheels that I can see. It has a round axle. I'm wondering if anyone who is cluey on these old Brookers, or might even have a 126 could tell me if they know what wheel type and bearings it uses. I'm assuming its likely to be original.

Thanks in advance.

Hi all,

I've got myself a very old Brooker 126 trailer. There are no markings on the 12" wheels that I can see. It has a round axle. I'm wondering if anyone who is cluey on these old Brookers, or might even have a 126 could tell me if they know what wheel type and bearings it uses. I'm assuming its likely to be original.

Thanks in advance.

I have a Brooker trailer and had a similar question. I rang Brooker and asked them and was told they use Ford or Holden hubs whatever is cheaper at the time of manufacture. They do however weld an "H" or an "F" on the axle so that you know what was used. Have a look and see if it is marked on the axle.

Cheers

Trev

I went through the same thing with my trailor. It is a different brand and not as old, but when I rang the manufacturer they even couldnt tell me as they said it varied and could have either been holden or ford type - crap service if you ask me. But, I did see a stamp on mine but I cant remember if it was on the inside of the wheel or on the hub that said "HT". So I assumed this to be holden type. I took the hub into a car parts place and matched it up and it was a holden type. Maybe there is a stamp somewhere on yours, or just take the hub into a car spares place and match it up.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey all,

Small update if this helps.

I'm sure I measure the round axle as 30mm although I thought the smallest was a 39mm round. No markings on it that I can tell. Now, not sure how to explain this, but the axle/spring looks like its one unit, ie, its like a half length spring welded around the axle one end and bolted to the trailer the other end.

One hub is marked Carter Wesco 150mm SO. Not sure what the SO stands for. Carter Wesco still exist and I've emailed them, but some of the guys here might be able to shed more light than them if I get a response at all (you know what companies can be like these days).

Wheels are 4 stud.

Hope some of this helps!