Hawkesbury House Boat Muloway Plastics

Justin

G'Day Raiders.

This Friday - Sunday i will be on a house boat cruising down the Hawkesbury.

Starting place is from Brooklyn (thats all i know)

I plan to take a heavy 20lb outfit and a lighter 6lb dropshot combo.

I just bought some 5 inch Gulp Jerk Shad in the Sardine colour and matched them to a 1/4 ounce #4 jig head for Jews

I also got some standard smaller curl tails and minnows with 1/8 and #1 hook for flathead/bream.

Plan is to have a rod in the water at all time haha well see how we go.

Question #1 : Am i on the right track for the Jews ??? right size plastic / weighted jig head ?? I have never caught nor targeted a jew on plastics before and dont know the depths around hawkesbury

Question #2 : Whats the best way of getting live baits around the hawksbury for my 20lb set up ?? i am picturing lots of little poddie mullets around which i can catch and keep in a bucket till dusk ?

Thanks for all replies.

Ps. Do the pelagics come up the hawksbury? any point in trolling a hardbody from spot to spot? THANKS!

Edited by Pinkus

Hey Mate,

For the jews, you are on track but think about trying some 7inch white stickbaits for the bigger ones. Get your livies at the bridges using prawn and get slimies, yakkas and tailor. Tailor are everywhere up there and make fantastic jewie baits. Dont bother going for pelagics apart from the odd big tailor. Fish Bar Pt at night and you should be in for some jewie fun!

Tom

I've got Jews on those before, but with heavier jig heads 3/8 to 1/2 ounce about 3/0 hook size. I would make every attempt to remain in touch with the bottom half of the water column and put some action into the lure. When the tide slows, you can lighten up significantly. On the dead low, i've got them on SX40 imitations and 2 inch grubs while going for Bream.

Those 1/4 ounce jig heads will be great for your flatty, even in the shallow water.

Good luck with it.

Mick