Shimano Stradic

Alltalk

Guest Jocool

Whats the diff between the FH and FG? Was it just a model change, or has something been upgraded?

Joe,

It's got a crappy little drag knob and a smaller line roller for starters. The drag knob needs a sqwillian turns to increase drag pressure. A sqwillian is an exageration ofcourse but if takes far too many turns for my liking :ranting2: and that's if you can find the drag knob when you need it :badair: . The older FG series was better IMO in this regard

Thanks

Alltalk

Joe,

It's got a crappy little drag knob and a smaller line roller for starters. The drag knob needs a sqwillian turns to increase drag pressure. A sqwillian is an exageration ofcourse but if takes far too many turns for my liking :ranting2:  and that's if you can find the drag knob when you need it :badair: . The older FG series was better IMO in this regard

Thanks

Alltalk

49971[/snapback]

Alltalk, you can change the drag to make it better. There's an article on this website that shows you how to open the drag. Get a piece of leather that match the thickness of your drag, and cut it out. Make sure you dip the leather in lubrication oil before you place it in your reel.

I've replaced both my stradic 1000 and biomaster 1000 drags with leather, they're much more powerful and smoother than the original drags.

Anyway that's just an opinion to improve the drags on your reels.

cheers,

Mario

Thanks for that Mario. Drags are smooth enough but i find they lose pressure, if you know what i'm trying to describe. Overall i think the FG series feels more solid and practical. My fat fingers can't get use to that drag knob on the ST1000FH. It will only end up on ebay soon :biggrin2: