Unusual catch at Linley Point

Machine_Head

After suffering with the flu for over a week I had the :mad3: with the kids and the :wife: . To much noise for me to relax, so I grabbed the gear and headed down to Linley Point for a land based fish. Was not expecting to much just wanted to get out of the house.

After 30 mins or so I had a decent run as i am a lazy fisherman and like to let the rod and drag do the work. In comes in a 33cm Trevally. Interesting I thought this far up the harbour. 30 mins later a big run and more fun on light gear a 45cm Trevally is in. This fish created a little activity around as everyone could see the rod bent and the line peeling as I wanted to play it right. So as I am fighting the fish a family decided to set there gear up on my table and cast out at the very same spot I am in. I thought there was a thing called fishing edicate. Little did they know I had planned this to be my last cast as I was feeling like crap and if they had been a little patient I would have offered them my spot. So I now decide to stay just to get a little pay back. 30 mins later another Trevally at 36cm. Time to go these guys are really peeing me off and I do not feel well enough to put up with it any longer. One day I will get a boat.

So the harbour and rivers are live n well. Good to see quality fish around.

P.S they did not ctach anything apart from an under side bream and you guessed it they kept it.

I will try and post the pics when I can get the damn iphone to upload them.

Cheers

Edited by Machine_Head

Machine Head I'm not familiar with the spot, whats the best place to park?

Thanks mate

There is a car park there west side of the bridge. You need to come from the north side and you do a loop under the bridge. There is a park there and parking. Can get busy but you should be ok. If I am free when you want to go I am happy to show you and have a fish with you.

There is a car park there west side of the bridge. You need to come from the north side and you do a loop under the bridge. There is a park there and parking. Can get busy but you should be ok. If I am free when you want to go I am happy to show you and have a fish with you.

Sounds good mate the missus and kids are overseas so I'm up for it any tiem except this weekend.

Are you only out there on weekends?

Great little spot to relax and calm the nerves. I have done a bit of fishing there over the last 12 months for moderate success so you have done well. Not been there for a while now. I often come home with a few extra hooks. sinkers and braid that has been discarded. I wish those that litter the place would clean up. I take a bucket of soap and water to clean the table you use as it is embarrassing at times and I get a few dirty looks.

Caught a huge Muddy there one day , thought it was a branch. Lost it at the shore. Normally fish week days when I go. Mon or Tuesday. Watch out for the rowers in the early morn.