Stud Wahoo off Botany

manhands

Just joined up so first posting here.

Had a day off at end of February, heading towards Peak with a few lures out... bang! At first thought was just a decent stripey but pretty soon the runs were far quicker and longer. First sight of him was pretty deep

thought it was a Spaniard by the time got him up 15 minutes later was bigger than I had thought. Not sure weight but fed a couple of families and great meat it was too. Wasn't even 2km's off the coast when he hit.

Later on got some Stripes, plenty Bonnies about, and busted off (wire leader!) by something else. All in all a great day.

post-18470-071027200 1302482550_thumb.jpg

post-18470-061573900 1302482558_thumb.jpg

:1welcomeani:

Great catch to get so close in! :thumbup:

Would like to know what busted that wire leader! A very toothy critter!

Cheers

Peter

Cheers for the welcome Peter. Yeh it was good, got some nice fish off BB before (maainly Kings/ Tuna) but nothing that good for a couple years. For the record best was a little Marlin caught on a little xmas tree lure right at the heads after a day trolling out wide with nothing to show.

Have just moved this week from Hurstville Grove down to Windang, looking forward to exploring new fishing grounds got 10 days off soon.

Whatever snipped the leader was better intial run than the wahoo, so maybe same but bit bigger. Clean sheared through it was, same lure type as pictured with Wahoo.

Just joined up so first posting here.

Had a day off at end of February, heading towards Peak with a few lures out... bang! At first thought was just a decent stripey but pretty soon the runs were far quicker and longer. First sight of him was pretty deep

thought it was a Spaniard by the time got him up 15 minutes later was bigger than I had thought. Not sure weight but fed a couple of families and great meat it was too. Wasn't even 2km's off the coast when he hit.

Later on got some Stripes, plenty Bonnies about, and busted off (wire leader!) by something else. All in all a great day.

Great fish mate,the lumo lures seem to always find fish i,m running same lure in my spread.

A fish of that quality puts a smile on your face for a long time

chris

:1welcomeani: and Thats a nice fish for a first post, pressures on :biggrin2:

Thanks mate yeh well I had the luxury of choosing best fish in 2 months for first post.. getting out off Shellharbour over Easter can't wait some nice reds in reports here