Beach Fishing For Jews

Grozzo

Just a quick question all...

Do you prefer to fish the beaches for Jews on Full moon (or there abouts) or around the new moon...

Just wondering what you all prefer and a little reason why... cause ALOT of ppl have a different opinions so just wondering yours...

I like the full personally, dunno really why prob because i can see more without the use of a torch and stuff like that... and cause i think it produces better!!!

Anyhoo wats your opinion

Wayne

:biggrin grozzo mate catchin jew fish is like winning the lottery you just never know when that freight train is gunna come i have fished every moon phase over the past 2years and to be honest i personally have found it not a major factor considering i have caught jew to 32kg with a mate in broad daylight and a few 20kg ones as well all i can say is i have found tides more important than moon phases remember to get a 30kg fish imagine how smart that fish is to get that big in the first place there smarter than u think....

G`day Fellas ,

Personally , the Moon has never been a factor for me , it just never mattered , I got em in Brilliant Moonlight , or pitch black dark...50-50.

One thing about fishing in the moonlight is , you can bait your hook without using your headlamp , and can also actually see where your bait lands , and most times , the actual hookup is less than 20 feet from the shore , even in brilliant moonlight .

But an Oldfella told me just after I arrived , to catch Jewies here , just turn up an hour before dark or dawn , regardless of the tide , use fresh bait, and you will succeed .

He was so right !.

But over the last five years , my records show that a High Tide of 1.5 metres one hour peaking just after dark , produced the best results .

This may not apply to other Beaches , because this area here , is extremely sensitive to heavy seas .

After a storm , the beach will almost every time , be littered with large lumps of kelp , still attached to Cunju , torn from the outer reef , and washed ashore.

Immagine a bath ring , one metre high X 2 metres wide , and 3-4 kilms long , and you get the idea .

It stays at the high water mark till it goes rotten , and when the next set of high tides come , it sucks all the debris back in , and most times just rolls around near the drop off for a few days till it breaks down.

So its tough fishing for Jews here , and even after the kelp is gone , it still stinks.

Mick

Edited by OWZAT

Yeah i am prob going to go fishing tomorrow night with a 5:15pm (i think) high tide should not be too bad...

Will prob get there at about 4:15pm (knock off work early :1naughty: ) and fish away till i get too cold, bored or the :wife: rings me and says "get your ass home dinners ready"

Unless the fish are biting of course :thumbup:

Recently got some waders too, dunno why i never got them before... i used to just freeze my ass off and just wait till it ALL went numb hahahaha :1yikes: never go back now... unless in summer....

Wayne

The only problem with waders is when you have to take a piss.

I have a pair of neoprene waders, paid $70 for them when shakespeare had an auction to get rid of a lot of gear. They are so warm, I sometimes get hot in them. Got a few super heavy duty canvas ones for $30 each too. :1naughty:

The only problem with waders is when you have to take a piss.

HAHAHA you can say that again bash i fugured that out the hard way.... :1prop:

but well worth not getting wet and cold though...

I got my shakespeare ones for $60 so was pretty happy they told me i could pay $60 or upto $180 i said $60 will do me fine hahaha

Wayne

G`day Fellas ,

It stands to reason , that Bigger tides , creates a bigger dump on the shore , and I can honestly say , that the only 2 fish I ever lost , was due to a savage dump at the drop off.

Though , I dont count the Loch Ness Monster that lay flapping on the beach when the hook pulled , and my Son would not throw his body on top of , when he was less than 3 feet away.

Its different now of course , but he was very aprehensive back then .

Now he will run down and gill them , drag em up the beach before you can spit.

He`s a six footer , and he claimed it was biiger than him , but as I was 30/40 feet away , and in waders , I could not see it , so I always think about that night , and what could have been.

mick

G'day mate. Bloody good question. It really depends on the beach itself. I think a big tide just after sunset is about as good as it gets on most beaches.

The small, steep beach I fish definitly

fishes better a couple of days after the new. Haven't pulled a fish there on the full, but have on other beaches.

A jewman I respect once told me " any moon, any tide, any time, the right bait will do it."

I reckon he's right!

( I'll still be hittin the sand next Tues, Weds though!)