Pirtek Challenge 2011

wannabefisho

I fished in the Pirtek yesterday with my mate Greg.

We decided to stick around Brisbane Waters and try our luck at some spots I used to fish well over 20years ago.

First cast I snared a 52cm flattie and after that we got into some choppers and yakkas from the same location.

After we got sick of the choppers we moved to the drop off near Woy Woy where I got monstered and hooks didnt stick too well, the result was a catapulting bait back towards the boat. so we decided to move after no more takes.

Lunchtime came and a feed of fresh fish'n'chips from Fishermans Co-op on Woy Woy we hit up Saratoga/Davidtown and found a good patch of fish.

Pulled in some very nice Trevs and again got monstered by another ripper trev that dusted me on 14lb- I was spewing!

We continued to fish the same spot for lots of just under pinkies and some legal Breambo's and a solo 40cm chopper taylor.

Fantastic weather and even better company- I finally blodded the deck of my boat and also my new Okuma Flame F30 on my new Rovex Karobite 3-6kg stick.

here's a few piccies of your catch and the 2 smallest fish of the day- a 15cm bream and a 14cm pinkie and one piccie of me'n'greg beside my pride and joy "it's all good"- brooker V14 runabout.

Tight lines to all

Anthony

:D

post-12300-081573800 1302502057_thumb.jpg

post-12300-039400100 1302502069_thumb.jpg

post-12300-049331500 1302502077_thumb.jpg

post-12300-029074700 1302502083_thumb.jpg

post-12300-081770600 1302502093_thumb.jpg

Hi All,

My Daughter wanted to fish this years challange, so i had my leave pass organised so i entered her in the comp and she showed me up as usual.

Fishing with Pink Nippers she landed this 42.5cm Whiting from Brisbane Waters. She was a bit disapointed when we had to let it go , but i said them the rules. So yep the leave pass is organised this weekend and going to try and catch a feed. :biggrin2:post-12668-060333800 1302568413_thumb.jpg

Hi All,

My Daughter wanted to fish this years challange, so i had my leave pass organised so i entered her in the comp and she showed me up as usual.

Fishing with Pink Nippers she landed this 42.5cm Whiting from Brisbane Waters. She was a bit disapointed when we had to let it go , but i said them the rules. So yep the leave pass is organised this weekend and going to try and catch a feed. :biggrin2:post-12668-060333800 1302568413_thumb.jpg

thats a massive whiting top stuff

Nice haul Anthony

I fish brisbane waters a fair bit and find that it can be fickle, but if you know the spots then a regular producer of good fish.

Looks like you know the spots!!

Thanks mate, they are very old spots I just knew they were there, most people fished the racks from what I saw dont know if they got anything though, but I suspect they should have if I was getting into them on the weed beds the rack should have been firing also!

Sounds like you had fun and scored a few fish what could be better than that???

Nice Rig also dying to catch up again might have to get out with both our boats!

Regards,

Nathan

Awesome Nathan, thats definitely a plan for the coming weeks. Ive got a few things going on with work and a weekend up the Nth Coast @ the end of this month I'll be hitting up Harrington/Crowdy Head hopng to get out for some Pearlies and Reds now I have got my GPS getting installed this week... if not will fish the river upstream the greenback taylor have arrived and the mullet are on the verge of running. very soon mate we will get out with johnny.

Good stuff brotha.glad u got onto sum fish & good to knw that ur gettn the boat out. Cheers johnny

Nice 1 Johnny, I have been waiting to take her out since the first run- but IM still learning about how things work- got most stuff sussed now so moving on nicely. We will have to get out for a session very soon. Hows your new job going bro?

Thanks again for the replies lads was a top day out. cannot wait for next years comp.

Tight lines always

Anthony

:D