live bait transportation

sleek3

hey guys basically i am strictly land base but i want to transport my live bait in my car...because i like going from a wharf to another spot that doesnt have live bait because the wharves get too packed.....

do you have any ideas on what i can make to do this. i use to use a big bucket with an aerator but seems to splash around too much.....

thanks raiders

Use one of them white buckets with a lid, the ones that look like the massive paint buckets as they have a good seal on the lid. Drill 2 small holes in the top. One for the aerator hose(take stone off, thread threw and put stone back on. The other is to let air back out, put a small length(5cm, 2.5 each side) of aerator hose threw it, it will reduce splash n spill when transporting.

Or buy a Plano http://www.planomolding.com/fishing/fishing-products/

Greg

Use one of them white buckets with a lid, the ones that look like the massive paint buckets as they have a good seal on the lid. Drill 2 small holes in the top. One for the aerator hose(take stone off, thread threw and put stone back on. The other is to let air back out, put a small length(5cm, 2.5 each side) of aerator hose threw it, it will reduce splash n spill when transporting.

Or buy a Plano http://www.planomolding.com/fishing/fishing-products/

Greg

that brings me to my next question where can i buy these white buckets i see everywhere????

Oh yeah I got one of them massive buckets with the lid, lol althought i never used the lid because obviously the air issue hahahahhaaha how dumb am I lol, i could have just drilled 2 holes in the top !!

Oh well you learn something new each day !

Cheers matey,

jez

Oh yeah I got one of them massive buckets with the lid, lol althought i never used the lid because obviously the air issue hahahahhaaha how dumb am I lol, i could have just drilled 2 holes in the top !!

Oh well you learn something new each day !

Cheers matey,

jez

lol i know i saw you using yours when we were fishing i was wondering why you didnt have a lid....

Lol mine still has the original sticker, it was used for satay sauce lol ! Still has a small smell of it in the back ground !!!

:1yikes: That's a lot of sauce!

Satay smells better than stinky baits tho!

Restaurants have 20lt buckets of mayo they usually throw out. You could always walk in or call one and ask the chef if you could have one?

yea i will have a look around....im sick of carrying around my big black bucket around....i need couple of the big ones with a lid and handle.....hopefully i can find some before the week ends...

Guest Aussie007

i cant say the name but probably australia or nsw biggest hardware has these buckets for $10 with a lid there called a pale i have one in my boat as a live bait tank i can use my tank either in a boat or on a wharf i have 2 hoses connected to the bucket one for inlet one for outlet on the inlet i have a cheap $25 submersible 12v pump i hook up to my battery when fishing in the boat i fill the bucket toss in the live bait drive to the spot i will be using the livies toss the pump over board hook it up on a wharf just toss the pump in the water hook it up to the battery and she'll happy pump away all night keeping the livies well looked after i will post a pic tomorrow if i remember