Yowie Bay and/or Maroubra tonight

PRED-ATOR

What time you planning on heading out? Going out marlin fishing tomorrow morning so wouldnt mind getting some squid for some other species while we are out !

I could probably get there around 8:30-9:00

I live far away coz im a dam westy lol

Have fun marlin fishin mate, what charter you goin through?

Hey mate

How did you go?

I was planning to go squidding tonight bug am a little worried about the crowds. I too am a Westy but I usually go to lilli pilli or Yowie bay but have had no luck recently.

What do you normally catch at Maroubra?

Cheers Berg

Hey mate

How did you go?

I was planning to go squidding tonight bug am a little worried about the crowds. I too am a Westy but I usually go to lilli pilli or Yowie bay but have had no luck recently.

What do you normally catch at Maroubra?

Cheers Berg

Hey Berg didnt end up goin last night mate, got out of the office too late. I too was also considering going out tonight but am a bit worried about the crouds. At Maroubra i get a whole range of species, mainly palaegics such as taylor, salmon, kingies, cobia, sharks e.t.c, depending on where in maroubra im fishing.

Where have you been trying at yowie bay?

Cheers, Stan

Just the little wharf near the marina. The only problem with yay place is that it is small, the squid are only on one side and the light turns off around 10 or 10:30. Is this the place you go to?

Yeah mate same place, I might head down there tonight or maroubra. are you fishing tonight?

If you keep burley in the water you will catch squid in the dark

Cheers Stan

What Burley are you using?

Also do you know what colour and size works best there?

Yeah I was thinking of going tonight coz I might be heading to Avoca or Port Kembla Friday morning

Let me know if you are going

Cheers Stan

What Burley are you using?

Also do you know what colour and size works best there?

Yeah I was thinking of going tonight coz I might be heading to Avoca or Port Kembla Friday morning

Let me know if you are going

Hey mate for squid, use a burley mix of mashed pillies, bream crumbs and tuna oil. do not use any more than 30mls of tuna oil it will have a negative effect.

How was port kembla? were fishing near the steal works?

Hey mate for squid, use a burley mix of mashed pillies, bream crumbs and tuna oil. do not use any more than 30mls of tuna oil it will have a negative effect.

How was port kembla? were fishing near the steal works?

Cheers mate...didn't end up going to Port Kembla.

I ended up fishing at Minamurra (land based) just further south.

Not a very productive day...only managed a frigate mac and a salmon

There was a few people there but they didn't do any better

I wish I went to Port Kembla instead....definitely need to get a boat though.

How about you?

Did you fish the long weekend?

Cheers mate...didn't end up going to Port Kembla.

I ended up fishing at Minamurra (land based) just further south.

Not a very productive day...only managed a frigate mac and a salmon

There was a few people there but they didn't do any better

I wish I went to Port Kembla instead....definitely need to get a boat though.

How about you?

Did you fish the long weekend?

Yeah mate i went fishing at yowie bay, maroubra and munmorah lake. Ilove minamurra river, what side of the bridge did you fish? the golf course side or the other side? Thats an awesome place for flathead, bream and taylor. If you fish under the bridge on either side of the tide you can get silver trevally there around the concrete pylons.

I bet the wheather wasnt too good, i had shocking weather so i couldnt fish much (due to the missus complaining about getting wet)

Im going to head out to the harbour this weekend hopefully

Yeah mate i went fishing at yowie bay, maroubra and munmorah lake. Ilove minamurra river, what side of the bridge did you fish? the golf course side or the other side? Thats an awesome place for flathead, bream and taylor. If you fish under the bridge on either side of the tide you can get silver trevally there around the concrete pylons.

I bet the wheather wasnt too good, i had shocking weather so i couldnt fish much (due to the missus complaining about getting wet)

Im going to head out to the harbour this weekend hopefully

It was actually off the rocks as I don't have a boat...Im pretty sure it was the other side near the dog park. The rocks were very uncomfortable coz they are not level. The weather was actually good but the seas was a bit too flat.

Mate good luck this weekend in the harbour....Im so jealous

Im still to catch my first Kingy....it seems like I have caught everything else but a Kingy

Let me know if you are definitely going for a bait session as I was contimplating going some time this week.

It was actually off the rocks as I don't have a boat...Im pretty sure it was the other side near the dog park. The rocks were very uncomfortable coz they are not level. The weather was actually good but the seas was a bit too flat.

Mate good luck this weekend in the harbour....Im so jealous

Im still to catch my first Kingy....it seems like I have caught everything else but a Kingy

Let me know if you are definitely going for a bait session as I was contimplating going some time this week.

Oh yeah i know where you were fishing, i once went there at night time and fished the point facing the ocean, in the dark i didnt realise how much the tide had come in, manouvering them rocks with water is not fun. Did you catch anything? you may have already answered this lol.

I was planning on going tonight but the weather looks rubbish so maybe not. Do you have boat experience?

Oh yeah i know where you were fishing, i once went there at night time and fished the point facing the ocean, in the dark i didnt realise how much the tide had come in, manouvering them rocks with water is not fun. Did you catch anything? you may have already answered this lol.

I was planning on going tonight but the weather looks rubbish so maybe not. Do you have boat experience?

Drove almost 2 hours and fished for 8 hours and I ended up catching a frigate mac and a salmon...not worth it.

I have been on a few charters and hired tinnies at Terrigal but not on smaller boats....I would love to try it though.

Im desperately trying to convince the missus to let me buy a boat but she wont budge. :wife:

Drove almost 2 hours and fished for 8 hours and I ended up catching a frigate mac and a salmon...not worth it.

I have been on a few charters and hired tinnies at Terrigal but not on smaller boats....I would love to try it though.

Im desperately trying to convince the missus to let me buy a boat but she wont budge. :wife:

Ive got 2 boats, so you can imagine my missis' utter hatered towards them LOL. Just offer to take her friends out on it and it will soften her up hahaha.

What charters have you been on? i asked my girl to get me one for my birthday coming up soon and have been looking at a few within her budget.

U going fishing this weekend?

The charter I went on was not good at all. They still decided to head out in stormy conditions. We were out half the day and only got to fish for approx 20 mins due to the bad weather and big swells. One of the charter crew members even said that we shouldn't have gone out that day. They also didn't have rods...all they had was down riggers (if thats what it is called). I'll get you the name of them so you don't have the same experience I had.

I was hoping to go fishing on Sunday to target Kings off the rocks but the swells are forecasted to be 2.5m so I might just try one of the safer spots around the harbour...don't know how I will go with the crowd though.

Mate if you ever need some company or an extra decky let me know... I be more that happy to chip in towards the cleaning, petrol, bait and beers.

oh that sounds crap! i would of asked for my darn money back. i got this book from andrew ettinghousen which shows all the guides he went through but there thousands of dollars which my missus wont pay LOL. the weather doesnt look like its getting any better, im in kogarah and its raining outside! : (

yeah the forecast for the weekend is possible shower

Im at Darling harbour and the rain is off an on.

It was pouring down then it cleared up quickly....it still looks like its gonna rain though

well if I don't get to fish this weekend I can always watch UFC on Sunday

oh that sounds crap! i would of asked for my darn money back. i got this book from andrew ettinghousen which shows all the guides he went through but there thousands of dollars which my missus wont pay LOL. the weather doesnt look like its getting any better, im in kogarah and its raining outside! : (

I'd be more worried if it was raining inside :biggrin2: