georges river mixed bag today

wannabefisho

Took my mate Johnny (aka Johnny_Doi) out on Georges River today in my tinnie

After waking up to pissing down rain @ 4am and alarm set for 5:30 we finally launched around 6:30 @ picnic point

We headed to the cliffs and watched some LB fishos get a couple legal bream but we werent lucky today.

MSB decided to check in with us and after some advice on where I was ahchored we high tailed to another spot round the road bridge, rain set in and we found shelter under the bridge. berleyed for nada so we hit up a spot not far from the ramp where a shallow tributary enters- we sat on the drop off and berleyed again

after the turn fo the tide fish started coming aboard

Johnny got a keeper flattie and then I got some bream.
:1fishing1:

This was to be the order of the day with the end result 9 bream from 28-33cm, 2 keeper flatties around 50cm and one lone 40cm taylor.
:thumbup:

both of us lost good fish after smoking runs on 15lb and one biteoff by another decent taylor.
:ranting2:

slow to start but the georges and I put on a good show for the runup

off water round 4:30pm clean fish @ ramp then back to coast

was def worth the 2hour trip from gosford down south into gods country- nice place great fishing & big thanks to Johnny for great company and a plce to crash last night- you are welcome on my tinnie anytime bro!

Sorry didnt take any piccies today

Edited by wannabefisho

Thanx for a great day on the river mate.with very ordinary conditions & a few drenchings,it was a bit of a slow start but good finish once the tide startd to run in.seeing as we didnt hav a sounder & dnt knw that stretch of river,we ended up with a respectable bag.hoping nxt time we get into sum stinky silver slabs.your welcome at my house anytime mate,thanx again. Cheers johnny.

Nice little session on the Georges with fisher doi Anthony :thumbup: . It's good to see you bringing your boat all the way down from the Central Coast to fish the Georges with Johnny Doi who is not only a keen fisherman but one of nature's true gentlemen :thumbup: I knew Johnny prior to his Fishraider days and have always found Johnny to be a polite and hospitable bloke who's welcome back at my place for any of my get togethers with my family and my friends. I'm not surprised that you enjoyed Johnny's company and it was good of him to put you up at his place to recover for the long drive back after that long demanding session you had. I intend bringing Johnny up to Brooklyn so we can have a Hawkesbury session in my boat in the not so distant future and Anthony it would be a pleasure to have you on board as well to up the catch rate and assist Johnny and myself ), with launch and retrieve Fishing two in the stern and two lightweights in the bow wouldn't be a problem on my boat and on some days we'll be fishing with Cungee George or old Geoff.

Give me a call sometime Anthony and we'll talk more about having a some jewfish sessions on the Hawkesbury as it seems I lost your number when I updated my phone.

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Thanks Byron for your kind words- I sent you a PM with my mobile number as I lost yours when I upgraded a couple of weeks ago, I was going to get it from Johnny but I forgot after a long day on the water and cleaning all those fish. :thumbup: ... def needed a :beersmile: afterwards and well deserved!

IM definitely keen for a Hawkesbury River session and would be more than happy to come along and learn from the master- I'll be taking to Johnny in the next week or so maybe we can get one hapening sooner than later.

IM off to Crowdy Head next weekend if weather is good going to get out for a bottom bash round the inshore reefs and bombies, esle will stick inside the Manning River and head up past the farmlets chas esome tasty flatties and hopefully some Whiting on nippers. Should be able to pump spme up river on the flats so looking forwards to that.

Chat soon mate & tight lines always :1fishing1:

Anthony

Good work Johnny,

yeah the weather was a bit miserable...(A BIT???? what am I saying!)

I couldn't talk any of my mates into going out in my boat, so I gave up on the idea.

I knew the breambos wouldn't mind the rain..sort of doesn't matter if they get themselves a bit wet does it? :1prop:

Cheers

Chris