BIGGER KINGs are still in the bay

quintrex480

Inspired by DHypes SMS on the 91cm king yesterday, I was determined to head out and give it ago and see if I could improve on the 75cm one last week.

Well ended up getting to the water around 10 today due to the weather, but promised a friend that he will catch his first king, so didn't matter how hard it was blowing we were going to at least give it a go. It was howling and the rain was pelting down, and in the back of my head I was thinking of turning the boat around and head home, but I knew my mate would be hugely disappointed so we chugged on.

Headed over to Mollie point and threw in some left over frozen squid caught from the other day (thanks Cuz :biggrin2: ) 30 mins had past and I was apologising to my mate and telling him maybe not today, then his rod is bending so hard that the rod holder has slipped and turned all the way around, by the time he got to it, half the rod was already in the water, rushed quickly to help him get the rod out of the holder and he was on and by the fight, I knew this thing was going to be quite big.

Then my new saltist 4500H matched with saltist rod goes off, I had set the drag quite heavy and line was coming off! I dashed over and it was a double hookup! After about 10 mins I finally had mine in and boy was it a nice solid fish. Rushed over to help my mate get his in, and to our amazement, both fish measured right on 85cm. You couldn't wipe the smile off my mates face for the rest of the day! :biggrin2: his first king ever and it goes 85cm!

post-16665-060355100 1303735318_thumb.jpg

post-16665-058084800 1303735375_thumb.jpg

Mr quintrex and friend - well done!!

two nice looking fish you have there... Since I inspired you to go out and with all those handy tips I gave you, technically one of those fish belong to me!!! :P

Lucky you got yourself a bigger net and gaff... Nothing worst than lossing a good fish next to the boat ... Wait... Didn't that happen to you with your Jew of a life time? :lol:

Hopefully I'll get my motor serviced by next weekend and I'll see you out there.

Cheers

Dhype

Well done good way to start on the first King.Your mate will be hooked now trying to catch that 1meter one.

tell ya what Wolfman, he is already asking about the next trip. I was actually planning on heading out again today being the last day before we all head back to work, but the weather seems worse than yesterday. Maybe next weekend. :biggrin2:

nice one boys..just deserves for braving the weather and heading out.

yep sure felt like we were on an episode of deadliest catch... water spraying over the front, over the side. We got drenched but those kings were sure worth it, especially for my mate.

Mr quintrex and friend - well done!!

two nice looking fish you have there... Since I inspired you to go out and with all those handy tips I gave you, technically one of those fish belong to me!!! :P

Lucky you got yourself a bigger net and gaff... Nothing worst than lossing a good fish next to the boat ... Wait... Didn't that happen to you with your Jew of a life time? :lol:

Hopefully I'll get my motor serviced by next weekend and I'll see you out there.

Cheers

Dhype

ahhahahaha yes it did happen to me, but don't worry I'll get the sucker! sooner or later. :biggrin2:

I plan to head out this weekend as well, PM me if you don't have the engine fixed by then, and if I need a 'deck hand' :biggrin2: you're more than welcome to jump on board.

Awesome stuff guys !!! Kings are awesome I have only ever caught 1 which was actually last week it went 63cm spewing it wasnt legal but my god do they go hard. Congrats on the first fish going over 80 thats just sick !!!

Well done again raiders,

Keep it up

Jez

Gee i thought Botany Bay was only a nursery/Rat kinghy ground,,,, you showed me otherwise....good stuff!!!!!!

It was until about a couple of weeks ago, it seems like either the rats have moved on or the rats we've been releasing have been doing well on the stuff we've been feeding them. :biggrin2: