Port Hacking

Yowie

Fished near the mouth of Yowie Bay early this morning. Water very murky and with plenty of floating sticks and clumps of weed. Some of the weed is a freshwater variety, so it must be from above the weir at Audley.

A lot of fish, but only 2 legal size, a 55cm jewie and a 34cm tailor. Stacks of reddies, but the biggest only 29cm.

Also pulled out 2 kingies about 60cm mark, had another one grab the line as I was retrieving it and break off at the boat, and another but probably bigger one grabbed a small reddie as I was pulling it in. This one took off and swam around a mooring chain, I reduced pressure on the line but it still frayed through. The kingies were biting on salted bonito on a 12 pound handline, none of them took any baits on the rods.

Yowie.

Yer mate the water is not looking its best at the moment do you think this has much affect on the fishing and were u fishing at wedding cake

cheers

Probably a couple of days more and the fishing should improve a bit, a bit of murk usually improves it for a while. Fishing the wedding cake.

Fished near the mouth of Yowie Bay early this morning. Water very murky and with plenty of floating sticks and clumps of weed. Some of the weed is a freshwater variety, so it must be from above the weir at Audley.

A lot of fish, but only 2 legal size, a 55cm jewie and a 34cm tailor. Stacks of reddies, but the biggest only 29cm.

Also pulled out 2 kingies about 60cm mark, had another one grab the line as I was retrieving it and break off at the boat, and another but probably bigger one grabbed a small reddie as I was pulling it in. This one took off and swam around a mooring chain, I reduced pressure on the line but it still frayed through. The kingies were biting on salted bonito on a 12 pound handline, none of them took any baits on the rods.

Yowie.

Great report yowie,heading down for a fish this afternoon will give you update tomorrow :thumbup:

chris

Good Report Yowie,

I had a quick fish the other day but no luck , like you said alot of sticks and debris floating around.

Does anyone have any luck with plastics in these conditions? or is bait the best option till it clears up

I fished the hacking this morning, headed down river to try and find some cleaner water, the water wasnt too bad first up as it was high tide but once the tide turned water was brown. Still managed 65cm flatty, lost a bigger one at the boat, 72cm kingy, 39cm bream, 36cm bream and a couple of squid. Considering the conditions I was happy with the session. All caught on plastics.

i always find that when the water is murky in the hacking especially at this time of the year the fishing is still pretty good. and looking at the results you guys have had it should still be doing alright

i always find that when the water is murky in the hacking especially at this time of the year the fishing is still pretty good. and looking at the results you guys have had it should still be doing alright

I spent a few hours around Grays Point last weekend. Only a 55cm flatty which was great for dinner... but nothing else.

Might head out on Friday again.