Late Post - YFT

Secho

My mate and I went for a troll wide of browns just before easter and found some great action.. lots of bait and plenty of birds about!

Thanks to our mate Gabe we were both running our brand new Tiagra outfits for the very first time and were super keen to Christen them with something.

Due to the size of our boats we always go out together and generally fish within eye sight of one another... on this occasion we just happened to be trolling side by side within about 50m of each other when we both hooked up simultaneously.

Unfortunatly on my boat the hook pulled after 30 minutes or so however my mate Cammo managed to land his one.. came in at 50.1kg - pretty impressive for a first Yellowfin!

post-10991-058281600 1304390539_thumb.jpg

Being the lucky bugger that he is he also hooked a striped marlin on our way home and got it right to the boat before busting the wind on... I guess his outfits have now cut their teeth properly, mine remain virgins untill another day (perhaps when these sea's settle).

All in all a great day.

Cheers, Marty.

Good on ya guys great stuff they are an awsome fish :thumbup:

What type of lure did the damage on the fin if you dont me asking ??

Pakula Sprockets and Roaches predominantly in Lumo as well as some jet heads of similar colour.. Pretty sure he landed his on a greenish coloured jet head.. both fish went the shotguns.

We also both had a digger and witchdoctor out.. mine are lumo pink, his are green.

Great work boys , What size boats are you going in ?

Both trailer boats under 6m.. we take all the gear though.. heaps of extra fuel, oil, auto inflate jackets, EPIRBS, person EPIRB sewed onto the back of the jacket, VHF, 27 Meg, ENA's with Marine Rescue etc... always pick our day and have never had too big a drama getting back in.. we generally dont go beyone the wide FAD unless we're confident of the current weather and forecast.. I saw a bloke out at Browns in a tinny not long ago - even had outriggers on it!

My mate and I went for a troll wide of browns just before easter and found some great action.. lots of bait and plenty of birds about!

Thanks to our mate Gabe we were both running our brand new Tiagra outfits for the very first time and were super keen to Christen them with something.

Due to the size of our boats we always go out together and generally fish within eye sight of one another... on this occasion we just happened to be trolling side by side within about 50m of each other when we both hooked up simultaneously.

Unfortunatly on my boat the hook pulled after 30 minutes or so however my mate Cammo managed to land his one.. came in at 50.1kg - pretty impressive for a first Yellowfin!

post-10991-058281600 1304390539_thumb.jpg

Being the lucky bugger that he is he also hooked a striped marlin on our way home and got it right to the boat before busting the wind on... I guess his outfits have now cut their teeth properly, mine remain virgins untill another day (perhaps when these sea's settle).

All in all a great day.

Cheers, Marty.

Lovely days fishing guys,doesn,t come any better than that,christening the new gear with tunas and marlin.

Plenty of tuna steaks for the table :thumbup: How long did it take to land the fish ?

chris

Lovely days fishing guys,doesn,t come any better than that,christening the new gear with tunas and marlin.

Plenty of tuna steaks for the table :thumbup: How long did it take to land the fish ?

chris

About 40 minutes