Botany Bay King

BUSTER 1

Well after months of trying for a metre plus king in Botany Bay I finally cracked it, today the first fish I landed today was a 67cm model not was I was after back he went, then 2 major bust offs, then another big hit this time instead of going for the reef he went open water and after torrid struggle and some pretty ordinary gaff shots he was in the boat, I still think there are some bigger fish there but as the water I getting colder I don’t know for how long ????????????

post-571-055618000 1304750826_thumb.jpg

Well done on your PB :thumbup: and metre king :yahoo: . Now some will come easy some will just fight all the way but the fish that usually bust you off are the biggest of the school and are the ones you hook when you first get there, drag not adjusted to its limits knots from last trip or several trips ago , still half asleep the list goes on but always be ready for the biggest fish of the day as the first fish you hook :biggrin2:

Cheers Dogtooth....... :1fishing1: John... :beersmile:

wow..thats huge and fat must have been a great fight.

Like your fishing rod as well. Is that an Okuma Salina II ? what rating is the rod also what reel and line you got on there?

Do you rate it?

Well after months of trying for a metre plus king in Botany Bay I finally cracked it, today the first fish I landed today was a 67cm model not was I was after back he went, then 2 major bust offs, then another big hit this time instead of going for the reef he went open water and after torrid struggle and some pretty ordinary gaff shots he was in the boat, I still think there are some bigger fish there but as the water I getting colder I don’t know for how long ????????????

Efforts well worth it on your PB :thumbup: (1 metre club )

They give a good fight especially on the gear in the photo used,well done

chris

That's an awesome king buster! Well done! I was out there today also, but all i managed were rats, a whole heap of them! A bit dissapointed after a couple weeks of legals. If you don't mind me asking, what time did u get the kings?

wow..thats huge and fat must have been a great fight.

Like your fishing rod as well. Is that an Okuma Salina II ? what rating is the rod also what reel and line you got on there?

Do you rate it?

Yes mate it is 24kg model ,I was useing 50lb braid with a 80lb windon leader ,the rod worked great

Cheers Garry

That's an awesome king buster! Well done! I was out there today also, but all i managed were rats, a whole heap of them! A bit dissapointed after a couple weeks of legals. If you don't mind me asking, what time did u get the kings?

Between 8am & 10am

Cheers Garry