Reel advice

weststigers2005

recently bought a new shimano jewel spin 682 rod 2-5kg. i have a pfluegar trion???(i think) spin reel on it now but it is suffering from corrosion and it is slowly reaching retirement. so does anyone have any tips on what reel to look at. i am mainly using HB and SP lures on 4-6lb braid. i am not sure of the size of my reel i have now. I am looking for a reel that will keep the setup well balanced and keep it light for continues casting in the 70-150 dollar range. also any opinions on braid will be appreciated.

thanks

Hi mate, Taking your budget into consideration, I'd go for a shimano Sedona in the 1000 size and spool it with 6lb crystal fire line, put a little backing on ( not much ) and the whole roll will fit perfectly on to the reel, fantastic little reel for the money, you won't be disappointed.

Hi mate, Taking your budget into consideration, I'd go for a shimano Sedona in the 1000 size and spool it with 6lb crystal fire line, put a little backing on ( not much ) and the whole roll will fit perfectly on to the reel, fantastic little reel for the money, you won't be disappointed.

+1 for the sedonna, their great little reels for the money, I have a 2500 and used to use it for flatties and bream but after realising how good it was I now use it for a lot bigger fish, ive caught stiped tuna, 4kg jewies, and even kings on it and its handled them all fine and the drag is very smooth aswell.

cheeers, Prawn Star

+1 for the sedonna, their great little reels for the money, I have a 2500 and used to use it for flatties and bream but after realising how good it was I now use it for a lot bigger fish, ive caught stiped tuna, 4kg jewies, and even kings on it and its handled them all fine and the drag is very smooth aswell.

cheeers, Prawn Star

Same here , rat kings and school Jew on my 1000 Sedona... And it dosnt look to bad either.