Any Makos Off Sydney?

REKLESS

Gidday all,just wondering if any one has encountered any Makos off sydney in the past few weeks.?,I intend to fish one of the wider reefs off sydney with a mate and I have a sneaking suspicion that we will be encountering them,something to do with 80kgs of slimeys.We will of course be fishing for yellowfin but I reckon there will be a little bit of by catch.

G'Day Rekless

You have just reminded me of a trip years ago, we went :1fishing1: off Syd and my brother boated a 55kg Mako :1yikes::1clap: only problem was that four of us had driven down to the charter boat in an RX7.

I tell you it was a funny trip home we had the Bloody shark sitting up on the rear back window of the RX where the speakers are :074::074: a funny trip home that one.

Hope you do well finding the Mako mate fish safely and have fun.

Guest Target
G'Day Rekless

You have just reminded me of a trip years ago, we went  :1fishing1: off Syd and my brother boated a 55kg Mako  :1yikes:  :1clap: only problem was that four of us had driven down to the charter boat in an RX7.

I tell you it was a funny trip home we had the Bloody shark sitting up on the rear back window of the RX where the speakers are  :074:  :074: a funny trip home that one.

Hope you do well finding the Mako mate fish safely and have fun.

50477[/snapback]

Mate, with the stories I've heard about makos coming back to life after being out of the water for a while, I sure as hell wouldnt have one on the back shelf of the RX

:1yikes:

Gidday all,just wondering if any one has encountered any Makos  off sydney in the past few weeks.?,I intend to fish one of the wider reefs off sydney with a mate and I have a sneaking suspicion that we will be encountering them,something to do with  80kgs of slimeys.We will of course be fishing for yellowfin but I reckon there will be a little bit of by catch.

50475[/snapback]

GDDDDAY REKLESS,there are usually MAKOS on the SHELF AROUND THIS TIME as they are following the FIN and ALBACORE .Most of the time you dont have to go as far out as you may think .We have encountered a lot of action in close no more than 2 or 3 kms out ,in fact i got my BIGGEST MAKO only 2 klms off BOTANY HEADS NEAR THE LIGHT HOUSE and even got a few hookups just off the GAP at SYDNEY .So expect some action as the water cools down and burley hard with stripies or slimeys. JUST REMEMBER MAKOS LIKE TO VISIT YOUR BOAT AIRBORNE :1yikes: Good luck with them ,great fun but dont like them in the back of my SS commodore :074: This one was taken on a whole stripie after it scared the crap outer everything in the water including every mutton bird in our slick :biggrin2:

Its no really huge secret I guess,the reef I will be fishing on is 12mile,there has been a few reports of the yellowfin in around the 120- 150m line feeding on bait and i reckon that as it is one of the few areas around that has good hard reef and a ready supply of bait (nannygai) and sits in 135m it would be a matter of getting there early enough for the tide change .

I wont be fishing there till monday of the Long weekend and that puts the tide change at 0853.We will be on my mate Grants new bar crusher and fishing with "mad Max" jonno.The chinamen are starting to make there presence felt as well and I have a request from the Department of war :wife: to get some fish.If we do get something big up due to my lack of brains I will be "trace boy",Max gets to gaff it.

Swordfisherman, I have seen some weird things in the past but one of the classics explains the reason for all the mutton birds pissing off,makos have a varied appetite and I have witnessed twice ,mutton birds being "sampled" from below. :074:

i was wide off broken bay on saturday had an est 60-80kg mako in the cube trail but wouldnt eat anything i threw at it.

butterflied slimey, live yakka, mullet, pilchard, metal slug lure which i pretty much hit it with.

just didnt want to play.