finally my 1st jew for the table and none to soon either

hey raiders

i've had the jew monkey on my back for quite some time but now its broken with the help of another fisho nathan (beginner)

i had been trying for jew for a good year or more and with time running out (baby on the way in 2 weeks)this was my last chance

the evening started out with trying to collect livies only managed 2 large yakkas in 2 hours but managed to catch undersized bream and reefies with were released

the target was jew were headed to the spot in which we settle in for the night finally we had a prime position very late in the evening with the baits in new territory things looked bleak we were chatting then nathan says your rod so i get ready ,wait, look and stare the live liner starts its run grab the rod go to set the hook but no hook up wtf

then a short time after my lightest rod gets attention 8lb on this rod as its my bream stick 2 small runs and a bent stick later no hook up nathan turns and says i cant believe this you should have hooked up at least by now and i say come fishing with me and thats all i get runs but no hook ups how wrong could i get later in the picture now the big rod get some rod bending action not wanting to over do it i strike boom im on the bouncing of the rod tells me and me its a fish i never caught before its a jew and my 1st

i get it in to shore nathan nets it the net snaps at the join it was not up to the challenge its a 64cm jew with shaking of hands and pats on the back a smiles all round

i decide to clean the fish after a discussion with about the mess at home its would leave (scales) i get a fresh bait out in the same area

later as i cleaning nathan yells out again the rod its the same rod again nathans already hooked the fish and begins the reel in its bigger he says he hands the rod to me and goes to get my net from my car by the time he got back i washed the 68cm jew on to the rocks bellow we bring it up more high fives are thrown around like they are worth less i still cant believe it got my 1st jew and broke a pb on the second one and all in good company

i feed mine and my wifes family this evening with them freshest fish they'll ever eat

cheers mick

post-9942-002076900 1305453796_thumb.jpg

post-9942-054010700 1305453820_thumb.jpg

Congrats Mike!!!!!!!!!!!

Very Well Deserved Mike Congrats :thumbup:

Honestly Mike with all the time and effort you put in it was a surprise to me that you had not already caught a Jew.

The Photos turned out pretty good considering how dark it was!!!!

Also the Net has been strengthened now probably stronger than when I got it never snapped a net before so 1st Jew for you first snapped net for me :biggrin2:

I hope you and your family enjoy the feed and hope everything goes well with Bubs and look forward to doing it all again when time is on your side,

just let me know as I know what its like when kids arrive so you may be out of action for a while I was on the bench for about 3 months lets see how you go!!!!!!

Regards,

Nathan

well done on first jew :thumbup: good to have some help when targeting them well done nathan!! i think a mentor badge should be on the cards for that one!! haha :biggrin2:

now the 1m+ will be your next target!! :thumbup:

Edited by mc fishn

hey raiders

i've had the jew monkey on my back for quite some time but now its broken with the help of another fisho nathan (beginner)

i had been trying for jew for a good year or more and with time running out (baby on the way in 2 weeks)this was my last chance

the evening started out with trying to collect livies only managed 2 large yakkas in 2 hours but managed to catch undersized bream and reefies with were released

the target was jew were headed to the spot in which we settle in for the night finally we had a prime position very late in the evening with the baits in new territory things looked bleak we were chatting then nathan says your rod so i get ready ,wait, look and stare the live liner starts its run grab the rod go to set the hook but no hook up wtf

then a short time after my lightest rod gets attention 8lb on this rod as its my bream stick 2 small runs and a bent stick later no hook up nathan turns and says i cant believe this you should have hooked up at least by now and i say come fishing with me and thats all i get runs but no hook ups how wrong could i get later in the picture now the big rod get some rod bending action not wanting to over do it i strike boom im on the bouncing of the rod tells me and me its a fish i never caught before its a jew and my 1st

i get it in to shore nathan nets it the net snaps at the join it was not up to the challenge its a 64cm jew with shaking of hands and pats on the back a smiles all round

i decide to clean the fish after a discussion with about the mess at home its would leave (scales) i get a fresh bait out in the same area

later as i cleaning nathan yells out again the rod its the same rod again nathans already hooked the fish and begins the reel in its bigger he says he hands the rod to me and goes to get my net from my car by the time he got back i washed the 68cm jew on to the rocks bellow we bring it up more high fives are thrown around like they are worth less i still cant believe it got my 1st jew and broke a pb on the second one and all in good company

i feed mine and my wifes family this evening with them freshest fish they'll ever eat

cheers mick

post-9942-002076900 1305453796_thumb.jpg

post-9942-054010700 1305453820_thumb.jpg

Great work :yahoo: The first jew always seems impossible to catch,it can be frustrating especially seeing other reports and your out chasing your first.

Good on you nathan for sharing your passion :thumbup::thumbup:

Mick,hope you nail a trophy fish on your next jew session.

chris

Thanks fellas it does feel great to have got a Jewie before my kid is born as other priorities will take over I think it was the area I was fishing that held me back from getting a Jew earlier on in the quest but with a little help from Nathan and a pointer or two it's now got me Hungrey for more but it has to wait on the back burner now

Cheers Mick

Congradulations mate !!

Nicely done, a first catch and then a pb!! Can't get much better then that !!! Also in the company of Nathan, who I've fished with before and he is a champion fella !!

And then to take home a feed for the fam with some of the freshest fish available !!! Beautiful matey can't get any better !!

Now you have the bug and I'm sure the Jews wil start coming in thick and fast !! Good luck on your next adventure, might even see you out there aye bud !!

P.s: what style hooks where you using if you don't mind me asking ?

Well done again matey, champion effort !!

Cheers,

JeZ

Congradulations mate !!

Nicely done, a first catch and then a pb!! Can't get much better then that !!! Also in the company of Nathan, who I've fished with before and he is a champion fella !!

And then to take home a feed for the fam with some of the freshest fish available !!! Beautiful matey can't get any better !!

Now you have the bug and I'm sure the Jews wil start coming in thick and fast !! Good luck on your next adventure, might even see you out there aye bud !!

P.s: what style hooks where you using if you don't mind me asking ?

Well done again matey, champion effort !!

Cheers,

JeZ

Snelled rig mate with mustad penetrater 5/0 top hook hoodlum in 5/0 on the bottom

Well done on your first jew mate. I still have fond memories of mine, took Greg over 2 years of trying to get me into one then once he had moved to Townsville, first trip out with another good mate who is also a raider, bingo 64cm jew, first bait down.

Dan