American Bass session

snag

Well just go back from the states a few days ago and thought id post a few pic's of some bass we caught...nothing big but alot of fun.

Also my first time fishing in a boat with only a lecky and 2 batteries and some oars incase you used all the Battery power. :biggrin2:

post-156-084189200 1305458312_thumb.jpg

post-156-023888900 1305458330_thumb.jpg

post-156-073258500 1305458338_thumb.jpg

post-156-006556200 1305458363_thumb.jpg

post-156-025716900 1305458374_thumb.jpg

post-156-032126200 1305458383_thumb.jpg

post-156-067056500 1305458392_thumb.jpg

post-156-030911500 1305458402_thumb.jpg

Thanks guys and yes what a great view it was.

Well worth the 1hr trip and after the rain in the morning the afternoon turned out great.

Most bass where caught on sammy 65's but some also on plastics....also a freshwater pike was also caught but forgot the name of the fish. :1fishing1:

Edited by snag

Great report Jorg. What an idyllic location for a fish. I noticed what appears to be a spinnerbait in one of the photos. A lot of footage I have seen about Largemouth Bass feature the use of buzzbaits. Did you give them a go while you were there? Great to see the Sammys being effective on fish in other countries as well. What a versatile little lure! :thumbup:

Cheers

Ian

Greg they where not the first bass as ive been to the states before but i did get my first pike thingy..

As for which fish fights better the bass in the states i think may have the upper hand.

We did chuck some spinnerbaits but they just didnt want them, a few taps and that was it.

Greg they where not the first bass as ive been to the states before but i did get my first pike thingy..

As for which fish fights better the bass in the states i think may have the upper hand.

We did chuck some spinnerbaits but they just didnt want them, a few taps and that was it.

Nice report Snag :thumbup: and it sure looks like an inviting place to do some freshwater fishing. This pike thingy that you caught is there a possibility that it was a musky? as they are very elusive like pike and are known to frequent the cooler states of the U.S. and are stocked in most of the northern lakes I believe, particularly lakes where they have angler's resorts and fishing retreats for holiday makers etc.

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Edited by jewgaffer

Hi Jorg,

Nice to meet you on the flight over to LAX.

I think we drove my wife mad talking fishing for most of the flight (well when we were awake anyway)

Glad to see you got onto some Bass - Nashville was all tornadoes and floods so no fresh water fishing, trip got cancelled, and couldnt find anyone crazy enough to take me Noodling for Catfish

Fished in South Carolina for many different sharks (bulls, black tip, sand and some whalers) and lost a 25lb Cobia

Look forward to catching up for a fish and learning some of your SP tricks send me a PM when your free

Jason

Edited by Burley King

Hey Jason,

How funny was it having 2 guys on the same flight, members of the same web site and im sure the wife went nuts with us 2 yamering on about fishing for countless hours. :wacko:

Mate feel free and send me an email im sure that it's avalible on the site and we can hook up for a bream session. :1fishing1: