Yakka's few and far between

Shaggytrevally

Yeah Same for me took almost 2 hours to catch 2 and believe me we berley'ed up very hard,

Not sure if its the weather or what it is but it would be great to know as I was always led to believe you can get them all-year-round.

All I can suggest is try a few different spots so you have backups and just as a thought if it has been raining try closer to the sea as the drop in salinity might drive the fish outside.

I dont normally catch yakkas alot but I am starting to get into it a little myself,

Regards,

Nathan

I have been able to catch them all year. i go to mccarrs creek wharf and make a burley using tuna oil, bread, canned pilchard and sea water and i mash it with a potato masher until. i also make bait with flour, canned pilchard and tuna oil. i make it into a dough not too soggy. and they go crazy over it. mid winter i have taken over 20 in less then an hour.

Hey Nath,

Did you try that spot we got yakkas from last time ??

Remember berley hard n use a bait jig, I think that because u have 5-7 baits there bound to hit 1 so u can usually clean up on yakkas !!

Let me know bro, but let's organize a fish sometime matey

Cheers,

Jez

Hey fisho's is there anyone else still having troubles catching yakka's, do they tend to go of the bite thru the cold temp's or what. I was out this morning couldnt catch one to save my life.

Any help would be greatly appresciated.

CHeers Shaggy

Definately become harder to find in cooler water,though are around all year.Which area/system are you trying at????

chris

Try some cat food! (sounds strange I know)

I just pick up a few cans of tuna flavoured cat food from a supermarket for around 70cents each and you can use it in your berley bucket or poke holes in the can and tie a line to it and let it sit where you want under the boat.

The Yakkas go crazy for it!

<br />Try some cat food! (sounds strange I know) <br />

<br />

I just pick up a few cans of tuna flavoured cat food from a supermarket for around 70cents each and you can use it in your berley bucket or poke holes in the can and tie a line to it and let it sit where you want under the boat. <br />

<br />

The Yakkas go crazy for it!<br />

<br /><br /><br />

Yeah I use the same. I'll often mix it together with bread crumbs and tuna oil, roll it into balls and freeze it 'til I'm ready to use it. Crumble the balls into the water and the yakkas love it.