Trailer movers

Geoff

I'm thinking about buying an electric trailer mover.

So far I have come across 5 on the web.

Tow dog , Aussie wheel , Power hitch , Power wheel & Auger power wheel.

Auger power wheel appears to be a permenant fixture , which is something that concerns me from both a security & exposure to salt water.

OK for caravans, not so good for boats.

Cost wise , they all appear to be in the $1700 - $2300 range

Has any one had any experience with this type of unit ?? Pro's , Con's

Are there others available at more econimacial prices , ie other than the 2nd hand market.

The usage would mainly be on concreated near flat ground

Geoff

Auger power wheel appears to be a permenant fixture , which is something that concerns me from both a security & exposure to salt water.

Are there others available at more econimacial prices , ie other than the 2nd hand market.

Geoff

try this site (parkit360.com)

Geoff

Hi Geoff I had a look at the tow dog brand on your short list. It seems to be commercial quality alright and very well made but it's a two man carry according to the site I looked at and being 24volt it would require two batteries - when I was doing research on batteries and chargers for my 24v Motorguide electric trolling motor it appeared that single 24volt batteries are quite expensive and also hard to find. Being a 24 volt system would mean that the battery charger chosen for the job would need to be of good enough quality to maintain and also revive the batterys if and when necessary.

Another thing that I learned thru the research was if one battery was worn out and or became faulty, both batteries had to be replaced at the same time because the faulty battery would degrade the good battery and bring it down to the same standard of performance in no time.

Other than that this particular trailer mover looks to be quite suitable for moving a boat around corners and in and out of tight spots etc. I wonder if there would be a light weight version on the market perhaps a manually operated trailer mover that would act like a jockey wheel perhaps specifically engineered for extra leverage.

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1: