Soft platics for jewies ..

Kelza

hey just wondering if anyone could give me some info on what soft plastics to use for jewies...ive been to a couple of places and they keep saying the squidgy fish in the drop bear colour are the best with a big 5/0 hook sized jighead? but havent had much luck on them at all ..well to be honest only caught my first jewie today at wisemans ferry it was 20cm aha after trying to get one for 5 months i catch a 20cm one awell im still happy about it:) ive read a couple of reports saying they have got jewies at night on soft plastics ? so is there any favourites for day time and any favourite for night time fishing? or will certain ones work day aswell as night...And also just hook size for the jighead size's

thanks

guy.k

I usually find the Gulps in the "pearl white" do the trick, 5-7" in size. Also the 8” Squidgy Flick Baits are good.

I use anywhere from 1/2 ounce up to 1 ounce jigheads.

Thanks fezza...wat size hooks are on the jigheads ?

I don't know exactly which plastics to use; I've only caught 2 on lures. One was a 5" shad and the other a Pumkinseed 5" jerkshad. I don't reckon the jews are that fussy.

More important is the right place at the right time. That is the appeal of the challenge in my books. I only had success after catching plenty of schoolies and having a fair idea of where they would be. So my lure caught jewies came after 1000s of casts, most of them in barren waters I suspect. It's a great way to fish though because you are a lot more alert to what is going on (or at least you should be). Be ready to strike on every bite on the line.

Edited by humesy

I don't know exactly which plastics to use; I've only caught 2 on lures. One was a 5" shad and the other a Pumkinseed 5" jerkshad. I don't reckon the jews are that fussy.

More important is the right place at the right time. That is the appeal of the challenge in my books. I only had success after catching plenty of schoolies and having a fair idea of where they would be. So my lure caught jewies came after 1000s of casts, most of them in barren waters I suspect. It's a great way to fish though because you are a lot more alert to what is going on (or at least you should be). Be ready to strike on every bite on the line.

Thanks Humesy .. Yeah I'll just give some jerkshads a go ..I love using plastics its more exciting I reckon.. I've caught my

Biggest flatties on 5" shads and it's mad fun lol ..thanks mate