New trailer

njg02

Thinking of getting a Whittley 660 and some for sale don't have trailers. Adams Marine has got good prices and made in Aus but haven't heard anything about them. Has anyone dealt with them? Can't afford alloy which would be nice, so looks like galv. Can't even find any second hand.

Neil

Thinking of getting a Whittley 660 and some for sale don't have trailers. Adams Marine has got good prices and made in Aus but haven't heard anything about them. Has anyone dealt with them? Can't afford alloy which would be nice, so looks like galv. Can't even find any second hand.

Neil

I think I know of a 2nd trailer for sale that would take 6.6m boat with ease. Its just been rebuilt, it was an 99 model dunbier mutli roller trailer with a 3 tonne GVM but now upgraded to a 3.5 tonne GVM. Its my old mans trailer, I'll try and get in contact with him if you want me to? I'll see how much he wants for it but he is often out of telephone/email range with work so it may take a week or 2. What are you looking to spend on a trailer?

Whaler 255! That would be great if you could let me know about the trailer. Is the upgrade recent?

Spend. The same as everyone. As little as possible. Seriously though, I've seen the alloy ones from the states by Ace for around $5k to what looks like the same sold here in Aus for about $11k. Adams Marine is around $6k. I haven't priced any of the main players yet.

Let me know.

Neil

Whaler 255! That would be great if you could let me know about the trailer. Is the upgrade recent?

Spend. The same as everyone. As little as possible. Seriously though, I've seen the alloy ones from the states by Ace for around $5k to what looks like the same sold here in Aus for about $11k. Adams Marine is around $6k. I haven't priced any of the main players yet.

Let me know.

Neil

Yeah I priced trailers for boats that size and anything over the 2 tonne mark jumps up a far bit in price one mob wanted $14500 for a 3.5t tailer......... so we went the rebuild instead.

I have already fired an email off to him so we will just have to wait a few days or so. Yeah the upgrade was 18 months ago. All the springs, axles, tyres, wheels, hubs, winch and coupling where replaced. New 3.5 or 4 tonne hydrastar braking system fitted aswell. I'll PM you all the details as to what work was carried out on the trailer asap mate.

Yeah I priced trailers for boats that size and anything over the 2 tonne mark jumps up a far bit in price one mob wanted $14500 for a 3.5t tailer......... so we went the rebuild instead.

I have already fired an email off to him so we will just have to wait a few days or so. Yeah the upgrade was 18 months ago. All the springs, axles, tyres, wheels, hubs, winch and coupling where replaced. New 3.5 or 4 tonne hydrastar braking system fitted aswell. I'll PM you all the details as to what work was carried out on the trailer asap mate.

Mate I see your in the gong, the trailer it only 40 minutes up the rd if you want to have a look at it one day next week, I'll be back in town from Sat 28 to fri 3 june if your interested

Whaler,

I missed out on the boat we were looking at. I am from the 'gong and I'll get in touch for the trailer if another boat comes up. But don't hold it for me if you are selling.

Thanks

Neil

Whaler,

I missed out on the boat we were looking at. I am from the 'gong and I'll get in touch for the trailer if another boat comes up. But don't hold it for me if you are selling.

Thanks

Neil

Yeah thats a bit of bad luck mate, yeah he is not actively seeling it but it is for sale, so if you do need one just let me know.