botany bay

bignev

i have just recently puchased a Quintrex fishabout mk2 4.37mtr with a 35hp Johnson outboard would this be suitable to fish in Botany bay for a novice if so could anyone give me some info on where thanks bignev

i have just recently puchased a Quintrex fishabout mk2 4.37mtr with a 35hp Johnson outboard would this be suitable to fish in Botany bay for a novice if so could anyone give me some info on where thanks bignev

My mate has the same size as you and sneaks just out side the heads

But before you take it out anywhere you should check what the weather/conditions

are going to be and you should be ok to fish in the bay no worries in good conditions

I'd suggest you make sure that motor is in the best working order possible before you venture anywhere where a change in conditions could prove to be a problem.

You might know what your boat can handle normally, but you need to consider what it (and you) can safely handle if things go wrong. e.g. if you have motor issues you might find the wind pushes the bow down wind and with a low stern like on the fishabouts you could get swamped pretty easily in any decent wind chop

In saying that I've taken a 3.8m tinny 4kms offshore with no problem (with other boats around and perfect weather of course)

Its all about knowing what sort of conditions you're likely to find in the waterway with the given weather forecast (and your own observations) and knowing what your boat can handle if something goes wrong.

Edited by greg123