Sneaky South Coast Creeking.

Hi All,

I've been exploring some of my local waters in the last couple of weeks in an attempt to nut out black bream on ultra light weight plastic presentations. Last week saw me put 2 5 hour sessions over consecutive days in the kayak up one of my local systems. I spent my time playing with different plastic/hook combinations and found that no lead was the way to go to keep the plastic where I wanted it (in the top 6" of water). Over the 2 days I managed 12-15 fish to 35cm's, with most of the fish taking a walk the dog surface style presentation. I found that if the bream missed the surface take, a do nothing pause as the plastic slowly sank would see a return bite usually resulting in a hook up,........or a bust up :mad3: !

Any way here is are a couple of pics of the biggest from the 2 days fishing. Plastic is a Berkley Hollow belly on a Daiichi #2 worm hook, one of a couple of patterns that worked well for me.

Cheers Nick.

post-14508-091343400 1306666102_thumb.jpg

post-14508-052428400 1306666119_thumb.jpg

G'day Nick. It appears that your "research" into fishing for "black bream on ultra light weight plastic presentations" was very successful! :thumbup:

Great lookin' bream in the net!

What line and leader were you using?

Cheers

Peter

G'day Nick. It appears that your "research" into fishing for "black bream on ultra light weight plastic presentations" was very successful! :thumbup:

Great lookin' bream in the net!

What line and leader were you using?

Cheers

Peter

Peter, I was using 6lb Fireline Excel and 6lb FC leader. I have just scaled down to 4lb Diawa braid to help with the casting of such light plastics, but will stick with 4-6lb FC leaders.

Nick.

• 1 month later...