forster till monday - help

cheap charlie

Hi Adam

The weather hasn't been the best, but supposed to be better from tomorrow on, so hope you get something!

You don't say what sort of fishing you do - bait or soft plastic - boat based or land based.

If land based, you could go to Tuncurry & park near the park under the bridge - flatties, bream & blackies along there (both the sea side of the bridge & the lake side.) You could go down Taree St (directly opposite the park) and take the roads to the left after going past the 'forest' area - all lead to good fishing water. You can walk along, casting for bream & flatties on both bait & SPs.

Good luck!

Roberta

Hi Charlie

... I was hoping a good samaritin may offer to let us tag along and catch some fish with them. ... It would be better to line something like this up BEFORE you arrive!!

No, it was further up, closer to the Swimming Pool. You can't access any of those jetties for fishing - the previous owner of that one was a personal friend who was 'away' at the time & allowed a 'one off' for Fishraiders to fish there for blackies during the social some years back.

Today's weather was perfect & the weekend should continue to be so too. The jetty alongside the swimming pool in Little St can be fished by the public. All along the breakwall & on the jetty in the Marina you will catch fish. Heaps of nice bream near the floating pontoon just along from the 'dolphin watch boat' the Amaroo.

Off the beaches, the tailor & salmon should be biting. Also bream & flatties.

Put your walking boots on & good luck! biggrin2.gif

Roberta

Gee whiz Roberta you should work for Forster Tourism :thumbup: You certainly make Forster sound VERY appealing.

I haven't been up that way for about 5 years.

Last time I was there I got some good bream off the cleaning tables near the boat place (opposite Fazio park). There seemed to be a good hole. I think also the fact there was natural burley in the water from all the fish gut helped.

good luck

gav