Jindabyne & Eucumbene Trout

Joco

WELL its been ages since i went for a flick...

As a result the family and friends organised the Long Weekend for a flick at Eucumbene & Jindabyne chasing trout....

My brother and I, along with my mate Daniel (srm150d), were on the hunt for trout while the rest of the family went for a skii...

First day we arrived at lake Eucumbene, it was very windy, freezing cold weather, overcast and the team moral was down...

Being Daniels first trout experience he managed to pull in x2 trout within a matter of 10min on powerbait... Beginners luck i guess..

My brother and i tried flicking BUT it was useless... Too windy...

We stayed for a couple of hours, froze ourselves and a decision was made to check in and warm up next to the fireplace...

p6101519.jpg

p6101523.jpg

That evening weather turned out to be friendly, at East Jindabyne where we stayed, so i decided to go for a flick in front of the house during sunset...

p6121556.jpg

Casting my favourite hard bodies lures nothing seemed to work...

I made a promise to my brother and Daniel, that i am determined to catch a trout on a plastic lure, as ive never managed before...

As a result i wacked on a 5cm paddle tail and 5th cast i was on...

The 2-4kg rod bent to the floor, 1000 reel done its magic, and thanks to Purefishing for the supply of 4lb Fireline Exceed (best braid ive used so far) i managed to skull drag this beauty on a bed of rocks, since someone forgot to bring a net.... Measured 56cm, it was a fat healthy brown... NEW PB, and the first and ONLY trout caught on plastic...

img0634qu.jpg

That night we smoked most of catch and fed the tribe, who were dying of hunger from all that skiing...

p6111551.jpg

Following morning we woke up at 4am, had a big feed and hit the Jindabyne Lake...

Once again being a cold morning, we arrived at our spot while it was still dark...

My brother was the first one to cast and was on immediately. Unfortunately the trout had a spirited run, wrapped itself around weed/tree trunk, the line snapped and foul language echoed the early quiet morning...

I wacked on my trusty hard bodied lure and 5 minutes later i was on....

A nice healthy Rainbow that put a great fight and spooked the rest of the fish, as it jumped 5-6 times out of the water....

p6111540.jpg

That night my brother got sick, ended up staying indoors for the rest of the trip and left home early then expected...

In total we ended up catching x2 Brown trout, x1 Salmon which was released and x11 Rainbow trout...

Edited by Joco

Good stuff joey.some nice fish caught,especially ur pb brown on sp.thats a cracker fish bro.havnt heard frm u in ages joe,hav u 4gottn about me?lol.giv me a call & we can hav a crack at some winter jew.the jew r usually big ths time of yr.iv got around a dozen jew in the last 6wks livbaiting.all 62-81cms & couple smokings.call me ok. Cheers johnny