Jewie Article!

rjc123

Hey raiders, purchased a fishing magazine today which i probably shouldn't name due to site regulations. It consisted of 5 pages of pictures and fantastic tips on Jewies including Gear, Techniques, Tactics, Tides and much much more. We are considering purchasing a boat in the next year or so and this has motivated me even more. I have only ever caught a 30cm jewie but have had a few solid hook ups on jews at Milson Island and Bar Point in the hawksbury which all ended in the line breaking or me pulling the hooks!! This particular article was based on the Hawkesbury which i fish a lot and is arguably one of the best jewfish rivers in Australia! The tactics was one of the most interesting aspects as it mentioned that jewies are actually easier to locate during the day as they sit in holes and wait for bait to be swept into the hole by the current as opposed to locating them at night when they are hunting and cant be located as easily! Cant wait for summer now and have a crack at a few. Just wanted to share his with those raiders that are interested or are still hoping for their forst big jew!

Tom

Hey raiders, purchased a fishing magazine today which i probably shouldn't name due to site regulations. It consisted of 5 pages of pictures and fantastic tips on Jewies including Gear, Techniques, Tactics, Tides and much much more. We are considering purchasing a boat in the next year or so and this has motivated me even more. I have only ever caught a 30cm jewie but have had a few solid hook ups on jews at Milson Island and Bar Point in the hawksbury which all ended in the line breaking or me pulling the hooks!! This particular article was based on the Hawkesbury which i fish a lot and is arguably one of the best jewfish rivers in Australia! The tactics was one of the most interesting aspects as it mentioned that jewies are actually easier to locate during the day as they sit in holes and wait for bait to be swept into the hole by the current as opposed to locating them at night when they are hunting and cant be located as easily! Cant wait for summer now and have a crack at a few. Just wanted to share his with those raiders that are interested or are still hoping for their forst big jew!

Tom

Hey Mac,can you pm me the mag name please as I am still doing it tough on thr jew front.

Regards Stu.

Tom

mate i know exactly how you feel,ive been trying for months and only caught a 20cm jewie lol..i was still happy though aha..im looking at buying a boat aswell so i can go after jewies as much as i can ..can you pm me the name of the magazine aswell as the main place ill be fishing is in the hawkesbury and where i can buy it from ..cheers mate

Not a bad read at all with some interesting theories. Surprised to hear he uses baitrunners for the first run. His thoughts on daytime vs night are also interesting. Those chasing their first might be best to save long trips until the water heats up.

You will recognise the magazine by the picture of a jewie on the cover. I reckon it must boost sales to have a big jewie on the front. I am sure all us tragics buy a copy for that very reason.

Not a bad read at all with some interesting theories. Surprised to hear he uses baitrunners for the first run. His thoughts on daytime vs night are also interesting. Those chasing their first might be best to save long trips until the water heats up.

You will recognise the magazine by the picture of a jewie on the cover. I reckon it must boost sales to have a big jewie on the front. I am sure all us tragics buy a copy for that very reason.

My understanding has become alot better through this article. I now know things that i would have never guessed about before.

i got the magazine and it was interesting how he said 99% of he's jewie fishing was during the day but only when in a boat..and he would do landbased fishing at night so the hunting jewies can find the bait ..i cant wait to get a boat so i can try out all these tips and info and hopefully can get a nice jewie :)

I gave it a miss at 12.95 cover price.

This forum and other web resources have made it very hard to part with cash for a few pages of information.

There is a wealth of jewfish knowledge right here. There is a wealth of knowledge here.

I gave it a miss at 12.95 cover price.

This forum and other web resources have made it very hard to part with cash for a few pages of information.

There is a wealth of jewfish knowledge right here. There is a wealth of knowledge here.

Agreed about fishraider but mate i got it for $7.95

I got it as well,should of kept my money .Got a lot more info from this site.

Regards.

I learned a lot from this article and things i have never heard on Fishraider. Im not at all saying its better than fishraider but it was just an interesting read.