Beach Fishing Central Coast

The Poacher

Last nights tide was OK, so after all the crap weather I decided to take the boys down to the beach. They had been hassling me for ages. Anyway, first two casts got snags - in the middle of the beach I kid you not. Anyway, a short 100m move then produced 3 tangles in a row - I asked the boys if they wanted to stay and they said yes. So I shortened up my leader to stop the tangles, and every cast after that got munched. It was one of those sessions where you cast, and expected to get hit within a minute. 2 tailor first, then 5 salmon in a row. The sambo's were easy to see jumping and in the waves - it took both boys to hold the rod up when the salmon were really fresh. This year on the beach has been the best I can remember - since Christmas I don't think I have missed getting fish in any session. Certainly a lot better than last year when I seemed to miss more than hit. Anyway raiders, take your kids beach fishing, it is so easy at times, and they really love it - you will have "Dad of the Year" status before long.

Cheers,

The Poacher

post-5073-048153700 1308964839_thumb.jpg

Guest hawkesbass

I have been at killcare beach today salmon have been consistant all day biggest going around 2.5kgs with smaller ones mixed in

Last nights tide was OK, so after all the crap weather I decided to take the boys down to the beach. They had been hassling me for ages. Anyway, first two casts got snags - in the middle of the beach I kid you not. Anyway, a short 100m move then produced 3 tangles in a row - I asked the boys if they wanted to stay and they said yes. So I shortened up my leader to stop the tangles, and every cast after that got munched. It was one of those sessions where you cast, and expected to get hit within a minute. 2 tailor first, then 5 salmon in a row. The sambo's were easy to see jumping and in the waves - it took both boys to hold the rod up when the salmon were really fresh. This year on the beach has been the best I can remember - since Christmas I don't think I have missed getting fish in any session. Certainly a lot better than last year when I seemed to miss more than hit. Anyway raiders, take your kids beach fishing, it is so easy at times, and they really love it - you will have "Dad of the Year" status before long.

Cheers,

The Poacher

Hey Boys, you caught that didnt you :thumbup:

There's plenty of Sambos around ATM- I bagged 12 sambos + a Taylor in 2 hours from Broken Bay yesterday all on fresh slimey mack's- hectic session all between 55 and 70cm- lost one much bigger literally @ my feet in the wash- which was OK as I released all except 2 for the table + the Taylor.

Also just a warning on the coast- I had my car broken into yesterday while I was fishing- theives took 1 Pflueger Trion and a brand new Baitrunner 4500 I had just picked up from BCF- they smashed the glass on my passenger door and buckled the door frame whilst trying to get in, + they removed my lock completely- mongrel thing to do...

There was noone on the beach so you can NEVER be too careful- and if I catch the sod who did it- well lets say my 12' 12kg UglyStik will be going places it never been before- and its not fishing!

Anthony

Edited by wannabefisho

Guest hawkesbass

No worries mainly spent the day looking for spots i can take my eleven year old nephew to fish at had great weather and beatifull scenery cant ask for much more.