Broken Bay sambos and Taylor

wannabefisho

So with the recent spate of awesome weather one could not resist a beach session so off I trapsed down to my fav BB beach around gentlemans hours yesterday.

Armed with fresh mullet and trust ol slimeys I made my way down the track and onto the beach- perfectly timed it was completely empty.

Rigged up and cast out only 1 rod out of 3.

I berleyed then I waited, and waited... and waited... for nearly 4 hours for the first bight

Around 2pm I felt a few timid bites and thought immediately of small Dart then WHAMMO!- Im onto a good fish that went straight for the surface and attempted to barrell roll the hook from its mouth on the biggest wave available I kept tight on him all the way and I finally landed a healthy 67cm Sambo :thumbup:

post-12300-046625000 1309005598_thumb.jpg

post-12300-008061100 1309005625_thumb.jpg

After rebaiting out went another lobb into the blue yonder- immediately it was picked up (I must have dropped in on this fish ), cause he took it and went berko- after a few tense moments a 40cm Taylor was washed up.

3rd Cast onto another in a few minutes- but this one went hell for leather Down deep with long runs gave my a great fight the btr6500 was singing then up to the surface for acrobatics. a good 10mins before I took control of a 70cm whopper Sambo! As he put up such a good fight I let him live for another day. What an awesome feeling to watch this beast swim away amongst the foamy whitewater with a big swirl :yahoo:

post-12300-021333900 1309005649_thumb.jpg

After this it was a cast per hookup and I landed another 10 Sambo's ranging from 55-65cm till I ran out of bait all released except 2 Sambo's and the Taylor (courtesy of the fish stealing vermin seagulls that took 1/2 my Mullet and quite a few strips of my slimeys GGGGGRRRRRRRR!!!!

After getting my arns stretched constantly for 2 hours I trekked back to the car very contented with an awesome Sambo session all on bait..... :1fishing1:

Here's a coupla piccies of the 67cm and 70cm Sambo's as I dodnt bother taking piccies of the rest of them- but it was the best beach session ive had in around 10yrs from this particular spot so am stoked :1prop:

Tight lines

Anthony

Edited by wannabefisho

Thanks mate, Im still smiling lol- grin from ear to ear :P

Just that 70cm model went as hard on 8kg gear with 5kg drag- if not harder than my PB which is 73cm and taken on bream gear (10lb in Botany)... I was actually hoping to crack a Taylor similar size initially lol bugger I ran out of bait... else I would have stayed till 10ish to get the greenback's thats when they come out after sunset- thats when the fun begins...

Oh well going to try again tomoz arvo hopefully have similar results, but only C'n'R Sambo's this time :D

Awesome report mate! Must have been frustrating for the first 4 hrs though. It was all worth it in the end I guess.

So do you normally catch sambos of that size at your spot?

Not quite that big have caught them in singles or a few at best most are 55-60cm with the odd 65cm model taken- but then again I dont normally fish daytimes either, Im used to going nights I think fishing nights is more productive in general but you need to be prepared for anything.

Too cold to fish nights atm besides I I work nights but would go regardless of cold 9/10 times if given the opportunity.

Anthony

sounds like you had fun anth!!!!

I might have to take a drive up your way and catch up soon!!!

any luck with the car yet????

Johnny and I went out on the boat today in the Harbour it was pretty slow going but good to be out none the less.

Nice Fish by the way,

Regards,

Nathan

Should be good for Monday I hope Nath, coz Im meant to be going on a date... and not a fishing date :074: :074: :074:

Might try to get out tomoz for a dangle am trying to get a new PB Taylor or sambo- given up on beach jew now... NOT!!!!!... late arvo and nights are the go but they're freezing and I REALLY like my fireplace :tease:

Yeah you and johnny need to come up- bring a tent or a swag so can do an overnighter or a weekend of it- we will chat about it soon mate and sort out something for sure.

Anthony

So with the recent spate of awesome weather one could not resist a beach session so off I trapsed down to my fav BB beach around gentlemans hours yesterday.

Armed with fresh mullet and trust ol slimeys I made my way down the track and onto the beach- perfectly timed it was completely empty.

Rigged up and cast out only 1 rod out of 3.

I berleyed then I waited, and waited... and waited... for nearly 4 hours for the first bight

Around 2pm I felt a few timid bites and thought immediately of small Dart then WHAMMO!- Im onto a good fish that went straight for the surface and attempted to barrell roll the hook from its mouth on the biggest wave available I kept tight on him all the way and I finally landed a healthy 67cm Sambo :thumbup:

post-12300-046625000 1309005598_thumb.jpg

post-12300-008061100 1309005625_thumb.jpg

After rebaiting out went another lobb into the blue yonder- immediately it was picked up (I must have dropped in on this fish ), cause he took it and went berko- after a few tense moments a 40cm Taylor was washed up.

3rd Cast onto another in a few minutes- but this one went hell for leather Down deep with long runs gave my a great fight the btr6500 was singing then up to the surface for acrobatics. a good 10mins before I took control of a 70cm whopper Sambo! As he put up such a good fight I let him live for another day. What an awesome feeling to watch this beast swim away amongst the foamy whitewater with a big swirl :yahoo:

post-12300-021333900 1309005649_thumb.jpg

After this it was a cast per hookup and I landed another 10 Sambo's ranging from 55-65cm till I ran out of bait all released except 2 Sambo's and the Taylor (courtesy of the fish stealing vermin seagulls that took 1/2 my Mullet and quite a few strips of my slimeys GGGGGRRRRRRRR!!!!

After getting my arns stretched constantly for 2 hours I trekked back to the car very contented with an awesome Sambo session all on bait..... :1fishing1:

Here's a coupla piccies of the 67cm and 70cm Sambo's as I dodnt bother taking piccies of the rest of them- but it was the best beach session ive had in around 10yrs from this particular spot so am stoked :1prop:

Tight lines

Anthony

Thats a couple of nice fat Salmon there mate - well done!