Popping.

Floating_Medic

Today im going popping for GT's off the island of Denerau, Fiji.

The guys have been getting nothing under 20kg's over the last week or so. 6 hours of fishing is costing me about $115 australian which i think is quite fair.

The temp here today is set to hit 30c.

Pics will come later.

That is all.

Today im going popping for GT's off the island of Denerau, Fiji.

The guys have been getting nothing under 20kg's over the last week or so. 6 hours of fishing is costing me about $115 australian which i think is quite fair.

The temp here today is set to hit 30c.

Pics will come later.

That is all.

Awesome mate! Let us know how it goes... I'll be heading to Malolo Island in a few months.

Man my arms are sore!!!

Sorry guys, the reefs were just too choppy for popping so we did some trolling and came up with some great Yellow Fin tuna and Albacore.

Here are the pics of the day.

Some of the trip out on the boat, and some of the fish caught on the day. 19 all up.

GOPR0074.jpg

GOPR0091.jpg

GOPR0093.jpg

GOPR0095.jpg

Not the biggest yellowfin around but when you are bringing them in every couple of minutes it puts its toll on the muscles!!!

And the trip back to port.

GOPR0079.jpg

GOPR0074.jpg

The guys i went out with were called Nadi Fishing Charters and they were great to be aboard with working out of Port Denarau.

Cheers,

Alan.

Great pics Alan! Its hard to feel empathy for your sore arms when its so wet back in Sydney and its a new moon lol.

Good luck to you though. Looks like Fiji might be on the radar for my next holiday.