Northern beaches newbie

lostproperty

Hey everyone. I've bought myself a rod recently and really keen to get into fishing properly, been reading up heaps of tips and techniques, and had some good advice, but none of my mates fish.

Would be great to meet some locals and hopefully share some local knowledge of the northern beaches, it seems like there are plenty of possibilities around here but so much that I'm a little confused by it all !

I've fished the inlet of narrabeen lake without much success, have been to davidson park and pulled out good numbers of bream but they were all undersized - I'm

Doing something right though - I have a basic light weight rod with some kind of invisible mono line, basic tackle and also have a 12 foot beach rod I've borrowed with a bigger reel but haven't used it more than once.

Depending what week it is I have either tues/we'd off work, or sat/sun but i also work mon tues we'd nights so I can still get time in the morn/evenin to fish.

Thanks in advance, Dominic

G'Day mate

I live in Manly but usually fish in my boat, I don't mind the odd beach session though for a change. If you want to get out for a beach session at Manly or Dee Why let me know and I can show you a few things.. we might get some salmon or tailor during winter...

Sounds good mate, if you wana take me out on your boat sometime as well thatd be awesome, happy to help with fuel costs and looking after the boat ect.

Definately keen to go after some salmon, any chances tomorrow morning ? I have next tues and wed off as well

Sounds good mate, if you wana take me out on your boat sometime as well thatd be awesome, happy to help with fuel costs and looking after the boat ect.

Definately keen to go after some salmon, any chances tomorrow morning ? I have next tues and wed off as well

Righto, if I ever need crew on the boat I'll let you know...

I work mon - fri, I can fish any Sat or Sun. This Sat looks good if you're free, as long as there's not too much weed on the beach!

Hi there.... Been also fishing a while and would love to join you on a beach session some time if you don't mind. Please do let me know

cheers

Adrian

G'Day mate

I live in Manly but usually fish in my boat, I don't mind the odd beach session though for a change. If you want to get out for a beach session at Manly or Dee Why let me know and I can show you a few things.. we might get some salmon or tailor during winter...