G'day G'day

Izza

Hey guy's not really sure what to write here am new to the sight, I'm going out on my dad's mate's boat tomorrow probably around

botany bay, anyone got some good advice,tip's or spot's to check out? would be much appreciated haha also been doing a bit of fishing

around the illawarra during the week so if anyone is keen to meet up for a fish it would be awsome I'm by no means an experienced fisherman

but enjoy and keen to learn

welcome to fishraider looking forward to your first fishing report

post a fishing report even if it was a bad day as many raiders will help you out with info once they know what you were fishing for and what gear you were using

cheers gary

Edited by brickman

welcome to fishraider looking forward to your first fishing report

post a fishing report even if it was a bad day as many raiders will help you out with info once they know what you were fishing for and what gear you were using

cheers gary

haha cheers mate.. well the fishing report goes like this... engine wouldnt start = one very disappointed Ian... but yeah looking forward to getting some contacts on this site and maybe a few new fishing buddies as I dont have that many people to fish with other than my dog tank, he's good company but has developed a bit of a taste for prawns which can be a bit of a bugger if you dont keep an eye on him lol

Hi mate

Molineux point is a good place to start, just on the left where it says Austate. Get your reef pick out and anchor up.

ca514599-a8b3-ed3e.jpg

Get some burley happening and before long there will be trevally in the area, get the light gear out and pilchard fillet will do the trick, don't be surprised if you snag a salmon or 2 either.

If you have fresh squid put some out on a medium to heavy out fit for the possibility of getting smoked by a king :)

Edited by fishingphase

If you are after a fishing buddy I am willing to chip in for any costs etc have all my own gear for everything from bream to game and if you wanted to get a few boats on the water at a time I will be bringing my boat back up to Sydney after October so until then I would have to be a tag along

Cheers

Kane

awsome thanks for the spot tip mate will let you know how I go when I get out there trevaly n salmbos sound pretty damn good to me, that sounds great kane only problem is I dont own my own boat haha the boat I was going out on was a freind of the family's boat but yeah keen to try some land based spots if you are am just not sure where to go and would be more than happy to chip in on costs if you bring your boat back to sydney

gunna show my newbiness to and ask lol, how exactly do you fillet a pilchard? I usually just cut them into pieces, would you fillet it like other fish as in start at the head find the spine and work your knife down to the tail trying to stay on the spine? what sort of hook/size should I be looking at to put a filleted pilchard on...