Ausie Salmon

Basil D

Headed down to Garie Beach This afternoon at 4.15pm and fished for 2 hours to three nice Salmon.

Christo caught the Biggest, My Mate Louie got the next Biggest and I got the Smallest, AGAIN.

Not a bad afternoon, couple of beers, fresh air, shared some Jokes, heaps of fun :thumbup:

post-8352-031473900 1309947109_thumb.jpg

Edited by Groper

Great stuff mate. We were there this morning and stayed until noonish. Heaps of fish but only kept 4 between the 3 of us. Weather, fish, landscape were all fantastic.

Nice part of the world and yes there was heaps of small Salmon and a few BIG ones, Apparently there was heaps of Tailor last Friday.

Headed down to Garie Beach This afternoon at 4.15pm and fished for 2 hours to three nice Salmon.

Christo caught the Biggest, My Mate Louie got the next Biggest and I got the Smallest, AGAIN.

Not a bad afternoon, couple of bears, fresh air, shared some Jokes, heaps of fun :thumbup:

Good going mate.Can you tell me if any tailor were around as garie is usually okay for them.What time do the gates shut these days?

cheers Steve

Nice part of the world and yes there was heaps of small Salmon and a few BIG ones, Apparently there was heaps of Tailor last Friday.

hey guys do the salmon usually hang around in the same spots or do they move around alot? if theyv moved would it be worth checking out the other beaches in the natio? also what sort of gear/tackle should I be using? Iv got a couple of eaustry rods from small to big I think 7ft's the biggest with 2 reel's one with 2-3 kilo mono and one with 5-6 kilo I think (was on there when I got it haha) Iv also got 2 beach rod's one 12ft one 10ft both with about 15 kilo mono... any help would be greatly appreciated have made it a goal to land a decent salmon haha or at least some to eat lol

happy fishin guys!

Edited by newbie88

Not a bad afternoon, couple of bears, fresh air, shared some Jokes, heaps of fun :thumbup:

WOW there huge salmon! geeze these sambos are coming on as thick as the leather jackets right now lol

Good going mate.Can you tell me if any tailor were around as garie is usually okay for them.What time do the gates shut these days?

cheers Steve

Yeah One guy caught 2 tailor at the southern end and the Gates close 8.30pm.

cheers

hey guys do the salmon usually hang around in the same spots or do they move around alot? if theyv moved would it be worth checking out the other beaches in the natio? also what sort of gear/tackle should I be using? Iv got a couple of eaustry rods from small to big I think 7ft's the biggest with 2 reel's one with 2-3 kilo mono and one with 5-6 kilo I think (was on there when I got it haha) Iv also got 2 beach rod's one 12ft one 10ft both with about 15 kilo mono... any help would be greatly appreciated have made it a goal to land a decent salmon haha or at least some to eat lol

happy fishin guys!

Ive Caught them at Little Marley and wattamolla, At wattamolla you would need to cast a fair distance and hike is not worth it on both beaches.

Ive caught at Wanda Beach as well.

Not a bad afternoon, couple of beers, fresh air, shared some Jokes, heaps of fun :thumbup:

Stud salmon nicely done

Great trip fellas , how big and thick are the salmon at present.

Sneaking in fishing with all this nasty wind around :thumbup::yahoo::beersmile:

Groper bet your itching to be out and about , what recipe do you choose for the salmon? I,ve only enjoyed a fish soup with them.

chris.

Ive Caught them at Little Marley and wattamolla, At wattamolla you would need to cast a fair distance and hike is not worth it on both beaches.

Ive caught at Wanda Beach as well.

cool cool Im probably going to head out there this arvo n this wind be damned Im to keen for a fish hahaha pillies for bait but should I send them out on a gang hook or just as cubes?

Come over and get my boat bro,I cant stand to see you reduced to walkin' for a fish...lol. And if your interested the salmon are like a blanket in pitty of an arvo.. I went out the other day and was smashing 3/4kg sambo's with my flick stick. I left when I just couldnt reel 'em in anymore..

Great trip fellas , how big and thick are the salmon at present.

Sneaking in fishing with all this nasty wind around :thumbup::yahoo::beersmile:

Groper bet your itching to be out and about , what recipe do you choose for the salmon? I,ve only enjoyed a fish soup with them.

chris.

well the first time I tried them, I didnt like them at all, Ive been told to cut them into cocktails with beer batter and Also been told to smoke them.

will try both today.

cool cool Im probably going to head out there this arvo n this wind be damned Im to keen for a fish hahaha pillies for bait but should I send them out on a gang hook or just as cubes?

Small gangs and whole pillies, good luck.

I might head out tomorrow, not sure if it will be a sambos trip or Druumer trip

Come over and get my boat bro,I cant stand to see you reduced to walkin' for a fish...lol. And if your interested the salmon are like a blanket in pitty of an arvo.. I went out the other day and was smashing 3/4kg sambo's with my flick stick. I left when I just couldnt reel 'em in anymore..

It was something different other than boating Pete but happy to come over your way, call me your free :thumbup:

well the first time I tried them, I didnt like them at all, Ive been told to cut them into cocktails with beer batter and Also been told to smoke them.

will try both today.

Let us know how the smoker goes and i,ll try it myself if you give it thumbs up.

Smoked bonito is absolutely EMMmmmm , Still to try your sashimi recipe though :thumbup:

Let us know how the smoker goes and i,ll try it myself if you give it thumbs up.

Smoked bonito is absolutely EMMmmmm , Still to try your sashimi recipe though :thumbup:

Hey Pongrass, well I had the Bonito cocktail style and I was impressed.

Fillet the Salmon, debone, skin off and you can see a huge blood line through the middle,REMOVE IT and dont leave any red behind.

Thin slice the Salmon about an inch thick and dunk into the beer batter made of flour, beer, chilli as much as you want, fry until Golden Brown and put the salt last, some lemon slices and away you Go.

Met a Bloke down at Garrie yesterday and the was told to make a dip made of Balsamic vinegar, crushed Garlic and chilli, wasn't Bad as dip.

will make The smoked Salmon next time.

Ps I have tried smoked Bonito and Tailor, not bad at all and one thing for sure, after a fishing trip you build up such an appetite the only thing to satisfy you is fresh fish :thumbup:

Has anyone got another Salmon recipe to try.

Edited by Groper