Salmon at Garie beach

Izza

hey guys just a quick report went down to garie beach this arvo at around 3ish for a fish mannaged a nice salmon and lost a couple more one to bad luck others to my crappy knots I think... the dude fishing a little bit down from me pulled in 3 sammbos and an undersized flathead so yeah not a bad arvos fishing and well worth a checkout I reckon!

happy fishing everyone!!

cheers groper and thanks for the initial report that put me on to them! will probably try n get down there on the weekend to try and fish a rising tide opposed to a falling one, yeah I did have a book that coverd some good knots somewhere I think I may have leant it to a freind, I only know how to tie a blood knot really are there any knots or variations simmilar to a blood knot I could use for a bit more strength and security?

Edited by newbie88

cheers grooper and thanks for the initial report that put me on to them! will probably try n get down there on the weekend to try and fish a rising tide opposed to a falling one, yeah I did have a book that coverd some good knots somewhere I think I may have leant it to a freind, I only know how to tie a blood knot really are there any knots or variations simmilar to a blood knot I could use for a bit more strength and security?

Just lock the blood knot.

When you are pulling your normal blood knot tight you will see a loop form at the top of the knot, Thread you tag end through this loop, Wet then pull tight.

Even works on most braid.

cheers stainless I will definately give that one a shot... grooper I dont really have top of the line gear just some 15 kilo suffix brand mono on a beach reel I didnt think you needed to use leaders with monofilament or do you?

Good stuff, Garie seems to be the place to be at the moment,

If I can be bothered might go check it out for myself one of these days have been dying to go there for quite come time now,

Regards,

Nathan

yeah man there were quite a few people down there yesterday, I see your at livo Ill be in villawood this weekend, if your keen we should go down there together Im pretty keen to head back out there sometime this weekend

cheers stainless I will definately give that one a shot... grooper I dont really have top of the line gear just some 15 kilo suffix brand mono on a beach reel I didnt think you needed to use leaders with monofilament or do you?

Makes a hell of a difference as the leader is invisible to the fish and strong.

You need 700cm at a time.

Makes a hell of a difference as the leader is invisible to the fish and strong.

You need 700cm at a time.

oh ok kool, how would I rig something like that up? the guy at the tackle shop showed me an easy way to rig a line up for surf fishing not sure if its the best way basically I take 2 swivels and cut 2 lengths of line about 15-20cm long, I then tie one end of the cut line to a medium sized pyramid sinker and the other end to a swivel I then run the main line through the swivel and tie it off on the other swivel, then I attach the other bit of line to the 2nd swivel (running through the sinker swivel) to which I attach the hooks, would I use the leader instead of my 2nd piece of cut line?

Edited by newbie88