Where to take the kids

350chev

Hi raiders,

Taking my two little girls out for a fish tomorrow, can anyone suggest a good land based location in Sydney harbor where they won't be disappointed, I've tried a few different places but always seem unable to impress my kids, help please. Desperate dad!

Hi raiders,

Taking my two little girls out for a fish tomorrow, can anyone suggest a good land based location in Sydney harbor where they won't be disappointed, I've tried a few different places but always seem unable to impress my kids, help please. Desperate dad!

Along the shoreline of Neilsen Park near Hermit Bay (Rose Bay area) is an ok spot. I usually fish from my yak, but notice quite a few families fishing along that shore. I'm sure people will give some other ideas.

Alternatively,

Check out Dolls Point as that area usually produces some sort of excitement. I was there a while ago with 3 other blokes, all had good gear waiting for a fish. Along came a mother with a kid and had some kiddy rods, he chucked in a line and whamm, nice trevally. He had a blast while we looked on dumbfounded. Worth a try. (But that's Botany Bay)

Edited by Big_Muskellunge

The beach next to the Grays Point (Gymea) boat ramp. It can become a bit busy on weekends but heaps of fish to keep the kids ammused. Took my granddaughter there a few months back

post-731-009977300 1310596872_thumb.jpg

Geoff

Balmoral might be worth a try. I fish there and usually get Bream, Snapper, Trevally, Flathead and of course yakkas! Fish with prawns off the end of the jetty and you should get a few. For yakkas burley next to the wharf and drop a single hook rig down ( lightly weighted with a splitshot ) and you should get amongst them. The yakkas have been out in numbers here lately but are hard to hook! Good luck!