Where can i take my little girls fishing

350chev

Hi Raiders,

Planning on taking my two Little girls for a fish tomorrow,hoping someone can offer up a good landbased location, safe enough for my babies, :biggrin2: either in Sydney harbour or Botany Bay. I've got my own places but i think a little unsafe

for my precious cargo. I've tried a few places in the past but havent had much luck. Desperate Dad! Cheers and tight lines :thumbup:

The beach at Clontarf near the spit bridge. I used to fish there heaps wen I was younger and remember catching heaps of whiting, small bream and the occasional flattie on peeled prawns. Not sure how good it will go in winter tho but I always remember the left side of th net enclosed swimming area was th bests

Cheers Prawn Star

not really in the area your thinking but I reckon a top place and safe to take kiddies would be down dapto way on lake illawarra at the tallawarra power station, it's a gas electric plant n they suck in water to make steam to power the turbines then pump warm water back out into the lake, there's allways plenty of smaller bream around that should keep the kids entertained on light gear and with a prawn on a light weight your allways guaranteed bights, there's also flathead around and the odd legal sized bream Iv pulled 3 plate sized bream out of there and a plate sized flatty, and because of the warm water and the fact lake illawarra is open to the ocean you get other stuff there to I saw my mate nearly cry when he lost a school sized jewfish on light gear one night down there!! if you want details of how to get there where it is etc. hit me up in an e-mail n Ill give you directions

tight lines matey

Mate right at the end of kernell where it meets the sactuary zone or in between the groynes would be a good spot to try! Good chance of a flatie or bream and plenty of pickers too and other things to do if the girls get a little restless

Pete

Hi Raiders,

Planning on taking my two Little girls for a fish tomorrow,hoping someone can offer up a good landbased location, safe enough for my babies, :biggrin2: either in Sydney harbour or Botany Bay. I've got my own places but i think a little unsafe

for my precious cargo. I've tried a few places in the past but havent had much luck. Desperate Dad! Cheers and tight lines :thumbup:

Very safe and clean spot where i take my one and two year old boys is the walkway at captain cooks bridge on the ramsgate side , we fish up the end near the police mooring and catch bream and flathead , kids are very safe as there is a sandstone wall for safety.

Was down there today for a day out , they have just finished a lovely play area swings ,slides etc for the kids , should be in use very soon i hope.

chris.

Hi Clarkie, thanks for those locations. I know where Balmoral wharf is but where abouts in Bobbin Head?

Cheers

Good spot to fish for mullet with a float while catchign bream and whiting on the kiddie rods! It is very snaggy but there is a wharf and you can fish here if the snags become a bit much. Another rod with a ganged pilli or some squid chucked out wide shoould also get some attention from any passing flatties and salmon! Try the breakwall for the mullet and the wharf or to the right of the wharf on the breakwall for the other fish!

A bit late I guess, but for next time, there's Manly Dam. During school holidays and weekends you would need to book a BBQ area, if you want a BBQ you might need to book anyway. Clontarf is a great spot, plenty for kids and a kiosk, but parking charges, same with Balmoral. I've seen Kinges amongst the boats at Clontarf,and often see a rise from the bus crossing the Spit bridge of the morning.