Clovelly beach

Howdoweplaythis

We were planning to go to Bondi to fish off the rocks in the afternoon but when we arrived, we found our fishing spot under about a foot of water (high tide, durr). All of us being beginners, we bailed, and one of us suggested we go to Clovelly beach.

Managed a keeper bream in my first cast. It's my first legal bream so I was stoked :D Then in the next hour I caught two more. All up 30cm, 29cm and 27cm and all caught on chicken breast. Big advocate of chicken for bait now... It was pretty quiet from then on.

26663210150364080999348.jpg

Also caught a few fish that I think were wrasse. They were green towards the head, and brown down to the tail. Can anyone put a name to it?

Edited by Howdoweplaythis

Mate i've never really thought about it, i live close so i go whenever!

It's definitely better whens there is a bit of water movement, caught nothing whens it's flat. It would seem that the only species to target off the concrete are Bream and Luderick. You get heaps of wrasse which you might have caught, though i have seen whiting whilst snorkelling and caught undersized rock blackfish.

It's a good beginners spot, nice and safe but hopefully better spots around the area once I learn more!

Hope this helps.

We were planning to go to Bondi to fish off the rocks in the afternoon but when we arrived, we found our fishing spot under about a foot of water (high tide, durr). All of us being beginners, we bailed, and one of us suggested we go to Clovelly beach.

Hi,

I don't know so much about the tide but yesterday saw one of the bigger and more powerfull swells to hit the coast this year.

Your move to the beach was a good one.

Noone should have been fishing exposed open headlands yesterday! Here's a picture:

Koalaboi

post-6743-037198200 1310331352_thumb.jpg

Edited by Koalaboi