Port Stephens Help

Weasel

Maybe heading to Port Stephens for the long weekend. Need help on where to go, never been before. Fishing from a 3.5m runabout so needs to be river or bay. I was thinking Myall river or close by because will be staying near Hawks Nest. Any help will be awesome.

Cheers Weasel

What sort of fishing will you be doing? lure -- bait.. do you have an electric? I have a 3.75 aswell and as Iain said the headlands arn't out of the picture.. but the waterways has been out in force laterly and you need to have a v sheet and flares.

Weasel - I don't get over to Hawks Nest much so won't be a big help. Along with the tips already given it could be worthwhile to work the pylons of the Singing Bridge and also to hit the channel around the fish co-op at Tea Gardens. Try different times/tides. The lizards have gone off the bite with the cooler conditions but there are some decent tailor around and jew are still turning up. If you can get onto some racks the bream might cooperate. Just watch the tide flow as it can get savage at times - plenty of backwaters around though. I hope the weather is kind and that you enjoy your visit. If you get the chance please let us know the results of the trip.

Two good jew (plus lizard, bream, tailor) locations around Tea Gardens are the Singing Bridge pylons and the channel running along the Tea Gardens wharf. If you want jew it may be best to fish these areas at night with live bait - for some up to date information call in at the Tea Gardens pub and suss out the locals. Just be aware that 20 knot nor/easters are forecast here for saturday so conditions might not be ideal and you could be scouting for quiet water.

Good luck Weasel,

and I promise not to rub it in if I get amongst the fish this weekend.

Who am I kidding? Of course I'll be giving you heaps if the Black Pig gets amongst them again!!! :074::074::074:

Jokes aside, I hope the boy's advice gets you on to some.

See you on the Pig again soon.

Cheers

Pete

• 1 month later...

i fished around tea gardens and hawks nest earlier on in the year.. round april

dun think i will be doing too much more fishing round tea gardens as i caught a bloody eel tail catfish which spiked my dad and he had to go on antibiotics for a fortnight :1badmood: other than that it was fairly plain fishing in tea gardens

i caught some nice tailor spinning from jimmys beach up near the head on a 20g raider :thumbup:

i will do more of that next time im up there... hopefully nail a bonnie or sambo too :biggrin2:

cheers

tom

Guys I will be heading to P.S. next Wednesday for a few days , staying around the Fingle Bay area.

Will be taking the boat & hope to get out to the 3 islands just off the heads.

Any up date on the current action will be appreicated

Tks

Geoff