Garie Update

Izza

G'day guys

Went back out to garie again today was there from about 12-4 no luck but the seas were huge, my bag n gear that I thought was safe above the water line was swamped 3 or 4 times myself included haha there were a few other people out but no-one else was having any luck... hope other people's day was more productive!!

Edited by newbie88

that's is true! for there anoyingness the birds where quite amusing those crested turns I think they are, are not shy at all would try n steal my pillie at any distance and on the cast lol I got some leader like you recomended to I wasnt sure what to get so got the guy at the store to help me and ended up with some spiderwire flurocarbon with a 40lb breaking strain and my main line is a 30lb sufix mono whats a good way to rig up for surf fishing, I know there not everyone's preferred fish but I do like salmon so a rig for them would be good as they seem to be plentiful if you can find them haha

Edited by newbie88

that's is true! for there anoyingness the birds where quite amusing those crested turns I think they are, are not shy at all would try n steal my pillie at any distance and on the cast lol I got some leader like you recomended to I wasnt sure what to get so got the guy at the store to help me and ended up with some spiderwire flurocarbon with a 40lb breaking strain and my main line is a 30lb sufix mono whats a good way to rig up for surf fishing, I know there not everyone's preferred fish but I do like salmon so a rig for them would be good as they seem to be plentiful if you can find them haha

Pitty you didnt get to try the new leader out but there's always next time, as for the birds, they even steal the bait on my boat, crafty little buggers.

I did try the new leader, I put a post up about it in general fishing chat including the way I had it rigged up, I found it was get tangled round my main line fairly easily but that could of been due to the large swell and strong pull