My First Penguin

EVAN

Bagged my first fairy penguin on saturday, he went 29 to the beak, :074:

I spotted him in the shallow crept up and netted him in one clean swoop... as i have'nt seen any others on here i'm sure hes a recored!!! :1clap:

I saw the little battler in the shallows swiming in circles with his head down trying to dive. Theres been a few found dead up here, And after talking with the national parks they said that a few are in taronga at the moment with the same problem, hope they find out what it is. Always good to see the little tackers on the water. I took him home for a hour (weighed him in) before wires came to his rescue...

A couple of picks...

post-610-1118128715_thumb.jpgpost-610-1118128764_thumb.jpg

post-610-1118128792_thumb.jpg

Guest Jocool

Good goin mate. Hopefully he will be OK! How are they treating the ones at Taronga...Did you find out? I mean if they don't know whats wrong...what would you do to help treat it????? :wacko:

Good goin mate. Hopefully he will be OK! How are they treating the ones at Taronga...Did you find out? I mean if they don't know whats wrong...what would you do to help treat it????? :wacko:

51324[/snapback]

I gave the lady my number and asked if she could inform me of its progress, So hopefully find out soon enough... Have herd of a few people though that numbers are dropping. Would be sad to see them go, Always a pleasure seeing dolphins, peguins and seals on the water....

I gave the lady my number and asked if she could inform me of its progress, So hopefully find out soon enough... Have herd of a few people though that numbers are dropping. Would be sad to see them go, Always a pleasure  seeing dolphins, peguins and seals on the water....

51337[/snapback]

nice work Evan, it is a buzz seeing wildlife in the City areas, good work on rescuing the little bugger.

We saw a nice big pod of Dolphins right in front of Captain Cook Bridge on Sunday

arfternoon, good stuff.

Chris

What pound gear did you need to get him in  :074:

51328[/snapback]

8 pound, he took a a good 200yds before i could turn the little buggers head, another 20mins of play and burgers all round!

nice work Evan, it is a buzz seeing wildlife in the City areas, good work on rescuing the little bugger.

We saw a nice big pod of Dolphins right in front of Captain Cook Bridge on Sunday

arfternoon, good stuff.

Chris

51339[/snapback]

I've never seen them in that close in the georges.. My parents live on lake macquarie and have seen dolpins out the front of there house in the last year, Since the netting has stopped its done wonders for the lake...

Good on ya Evan :thumbup:

I love watching the little buggers play when we are rock fishing. I remember one day there was a single penguin chasing half a dozen gars right at the base of the ledge we were fishing. Poor little bugger was not quixk enough to get them by himself. He chased them for a good 15mins

• 8 months later...