MIght be onto something here;)

GregL

Nah we did that the week before last! :biggrin2:

The score was 8 to me plus 2 bream and Richard 2 :yahoo:

Fished 2 locations, Dawn Fraser Pools-donuts, Blackwattle for the above.

I miss placed my little camera for 2 weeks, hence the many missing days/phone camera action of late....

Dudes

It's all good, no harm in asking questions, without them it's hard to learn new things.

I try to ansawer all but some things are just to hard to explain without a practical see infront of demonstration.

Time on the water makes the difference. I have been lucky enough to have been able to fish every day last week except for last Tuesday! 6 out of 7 ain't bad! :biggrin2:

Didn't get to chase jews on Sunday but I did stock up on some more gars last night for the freezer(so much tastier than fish fingers!).

Both Richard and I are "in the zone" ATM, the continual casting, winding and working on retrieves gets you to a place where it becomes second nature.

The continual thinking, working out where, when and why?

For instance, if Rich catches 2 fish in a row with me getting no bites, I will stop and watch his retrieve, go stand next to him and try copy the retrieve to see it that works.

Every cast I talk my self through the whole process till the lure is back at the rod tip.

Yes it's NOT relaxing but hell, I'd rather be catching fish. If I wanted relaxing I'd take up knitting!

Nothing beats time on water and don't waste it. If your not catching change something till you do.

Cheers

G

Great advice there Greg!

I have to admit to being a bit of a lazy fisherman sometimes and my catch rate reflects this admirably lol I'm grateful for all the advice you and others post that helps me out a bit.

One day when i have more spare time I'll start putting it all in to practice and I'll be thanking you all under my breath with every fish caught :)